I use a Vista 32 bit laptop only for emulators and it worked perfectly with about 200 MAME roms I had. Now all the sudden certain roms won't work I get "unable to create the direct3d device". I tried updating to dx9 didn't help tried updating dotnet. If it matters the roms that do this are NBA Jam, NBA Jam Tournament Edition, NBA Maximum Hangtime, Marvel vs Street Fighter and X-Men vs Street Fighter. The rest all still work. The only thing I can think of that might have caused them to stop working for no other apparent reason is I used a registry cleaner there's nothing else I've done to the computer. I don't even connect it to the internet other than I did just to download those things I mentioned.