Hacking MAME4ALL, news, source code, development?

reprep

OP
Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Has anyone been interested in developing mame4all?

afaik it hasn't been updated since 2010 and the source code isn't available.

the author (alekmaul) is still active at portabledev.com from what i could find. though i couldn't find any topic related to mame4all in the site. And the site being in French doesn't help too.

so can anyone reach him/her and ask for source code? maybe someone might be interested in it in the future.

Reactions: 2ndApex and Boriar

reprep

OP
Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
is it possible to turn off sound? it really slows down the emulation (compared with mame4all booted from dstwo dingux).

Edit: i did some tests with both this version and dstwo dingux version. this version (native dstwo) is faster than the dingux mame4all when overclocked at 396 mhz and with the same settings (audio, display etc.) on both.

i assume the unability to overclock in dstwo dingux is the main reason for that. though if you turn the sound off in dstwo dingux mame4all it becomes faster and unfortunately you can't turn the sound off in native dstwo mame4all.

israelg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Sound off is nice, but it is better make it work correctly with sound enabled....

There are many other emulators (for ds) that can run for Example Donkey Kong with perfect sound....

I hope that the DS scene is still alive and mame4all will be also updated...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1