Homebrew MAME Wii

fireitup420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to use a wiisx mod and wii64 mod so they would work with my hdd.I keep getting kicked back to HBC when i try to load MAME Wii and i can't seem to find a unofficial version.
I don't want to have to use a sd card for apps,i'm using a fat32 hdd now and I dont want to change.Is there a MAME Wii mod out there or a tweak to the app to fix my prob?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm...what kind of hard drive do you use?

Personally, I've been using SDL mame v0.5 from USB and it works just fine.
Note: make sure you've got the MAME folder in the root of your USB drive (so roms go in USB:\MAME\ROMS) and the "sdlmamewii" in USB:\apps.

Never heard of an unofficial version, I'm afraid. AFAIK, toad_king's project isn't open source in any way.

sabandellos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fireitup420 said:
Ya it's my harddrive,WD My Book Essential 1TB WDBAAF0010HBK-NESN.Thx for the info,gonna get a new HDD I guess.
I've got the same HD and a lot of problems too. Blame to the energy management that WesternDigital has inside. I'm going to buy another HD too. Any 2,5" portable instead of 3,5

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I feel kinda stupid from bumping this thread, but I have the same problem now (getting thrown back to the HBC after launching). Kinda strange, considering it worked back when I made my previous post in this thread.

Now...the only thing I can think of is that I downgraded cIOS249 from rev19 (base IOS37) to 17 since then. Then again, I don't know what IOS or cIOS SDLMame uses to begin with, so it's not like that HAS to be the issue.

Does anyone here have SDLMame working with rev17 in slot 249?

whoomph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I used to have problems with mame (black screen) until toadking's 0.5
I've run it off a 2gb sd card and a 16gb stick on 3.2(e) with latest 249,222 etc.

I very much doubt that this is a CIOS issue as wiibrew wouldn't be hosting the app if CIOS was required.
Remember there's a 150 game limit with this emu so it doesn't really matter how much space you have for roms.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay...got it to work again...by moving it from my hard disk to my SD card (a 4GB HCSD one). Still kinda odd...I was sure it worked from my hard drive before. But the most important thing is that it got back to work again.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM