MAME question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bevardimus, Jun 11, 2008.

1. bevardimus
    OP

bevardimus Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2007
    United States
    2 questions about mame:

1) I copied all the files from a file i got from the homebrew channel apps sticky thread. I checked and double checked and they're all on there fine. When I run it, though, I keep getting the same error:

"sorry, I am unable to locate mamefs-fs"
    "will retry in 10 seconds"

and, of course, after retrying, nothing happens. Anybody know what's wrong?

2) How do mame roms work? I just downloaded my first one, ever. It came in a zip folder with about 15 files in it. Do i put these all in a folder within the mameroms folder on my SD card? Or do i need some program to take all those files and put them together into one file? Someone help!

2. killplaystation

killplaystation GBAtemp Fan

May 23, 2008
    United States
  3. bevardimus
    OP

bevardimus Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2007
    United States
    thanks, i already found that page, too. I've gotten past my original problem (question #1 from above), and now I'm onto question #2. The rom I've downloaded (mortal kombat 2) comes in about 15 files, and i don't know what to do with them. Anyone know how this works?

4. bevardimus
    OP

bevardimus Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2007
    United States
    OK, I'm an idiot. I finally discovered that you just put the actual .zip file in the mamerom directory. That's unusual, so I didn't think of it.

5. Benny124812

Benny124812 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2015
    United States
    I know it's been a while, but how do you fix
    "sorry, I am unable to locate mamefs-fs"
    "will retry in 10 seconds"

I have mamefs-fs on the root of the card and followed all the directions at http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/SDL_MAME

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice