Homebrew Mame Forwarder?

LxTrix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Search didn't turn up anything. I don't believe there is one at this point. Anyone know if there is or want to make the first one?

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There would probably have to be a MAME port for the Wii that's actually worth running before anyone would bother with a forwarder.
rolleyes.gif

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i dont know if the file structure is gonna be a issue with these being i think it all loads from the root but at any rate i made 2 channels both forwarding (read me with advanced directives within the DL below...

Download Animated Dol/ELF forwarding Mame Channels:
http://www.mediafire.com/?n5od5mmja0l

One looks for an ELF in sd:/apps/sdlmame/boot.elf

One looks for a DOL in sd:/apps/sdlmame/boot.dol

Heres a video (i know its not a phenominal channel but it was made in like 20 min
tongue.gif
so if you want a better one than this make it! wadder has plenty of tools and documentation for that)

I personally dont use this mame port at all because i prefer the specific and more feature rich emulation of standard emulators on the wii. If you cshould have any problems loading mame though i would suspect the reason is the file structure being the ROOT rather than sd:/apps/ Good luck! Hope this helps out a bit!

QUOTE said:
How to use

To install this version of SDLMame:

- Copy the files "boot.elf" and "mamefs-fs" to the root directory of your SD card.

- Copy the directory "mame" and its contents to the root directory of your SD card.

- Create a directory called "mameroms" on the root of your SD card.

- DISABLE WC24 . Emu wont boot with WC on (issues with wiilinux)

To play with this game:

- Insert the SD card in the front SD adapter of your Wii.

- On your Wii, execute the file "boot.elf" using your favourite method for loading applications (Twilight hack or homebrew channel).
Known Problems

- Loading times VERY HIGH:

- For small roms (2-4MB, CPS1) can take 3-5 minutes to load.

- For large roms (13-20MB, CPS2, NEOGEO) It can take 30-60 minutes to load.

After the loading part, it plays at normal speed (85-90% of original speed without frameskip and without lags).

- No keyboard or Wii joystick support

- Problems using TV in 480p or rgb components
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/SDL_MAME

LxTrix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for making that. I do believe it's the first. Now anyone who searches for a mame forwarder channel will be happy to find this.
happy.gif

alxxb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol
smile.gif

I really hope that some day a mame emu with decent loading times will be released. But as things look this will not happen. Wish I never sold my XBox 1
smile.gif

alxxb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
be patient man
smile.gif
..I would consider a forwarder when the release is more"riped", and more developed...even though its in a quite good state I guess there will be new versions / builds soon.

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
alxxb said:
be patient man
smile.gif
..I would consider a forwarder when the release is more"riped", and more developed...even though its in a quite good state I guess there will be new versions / builds soon.

A nice forwarder would be cool! Acording to techskeen these games are reported running on the latest mame...

Afterburner (although the controls were a bit funky)
Aliens
Alein Syndrome
Altered Beast
Arkanoid
Asterix
Bad Dudes vs Dragon Ninja
Battletoads
Centipede
Combat School
Commando
Dig Dug
Dynamite Dux
Empire Strikes Back
Eswat
Final Fight
Galaga
Gauntlet 2p & 4p version
Ghosts n Goblins
Golden Axe
Goonies
Gradius
Gradius 3
Green Beret
Gyruss
Haunted Castle
Mario Bros
Michael jacksons Moonwalker
Millipede
Mr Do
Nemesis
Osman
Pac mania
Paperboy
Parodius
Pole Position (controls were a little 'meh')
Pole Position II (ditto)
Punch Out
Rampage
Rastan
Return of the Jedi
RoboCop
RoboCop II
Rygar
Salamander
Shadow Dancer
Shinobi
Simpsons (both 2p and 4p version)
Super Bubble Bobble
Super Contra
Super Punch Out
Spy Hunter
Star Wars
Street Fighter II - the World Warrior
Street Fighter II - Champion Edition
Street Fighter II - Turbo Hyper Fighting
Strider
Super Contra
Sunset Riders
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (both 2p & 4p version)
The Real ghostbuster
TMNT II - Turtles In Time (both 2p & 4p version)
vs Castlevania
vs Ice Climbers
vs Super Mario Bros
Wild West C.O.W. Boys Of Moo Mesa
Xmen (2p and 4p versions)

So things are looking good already!
smile.gif

Reactions: Mudwaster

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
@ Bladexdsl
DUDE! thats awesome! I just tried a boy and his blob wad made with BNRbandit and sure enough it bricked LMAO (recovered of course but it makes me want to toy with the wad and get it working hehehehe imma try and run it through wadder and wad studio for fun
smile.gif
)

EDIT:
OK check this out! I just ran the base.wad made with BNRbandit through wad studio applied all the "fixes" for banner and icon bricks,Injected a DUMMY DOL,Ran the resulting wad through wadder 2.7.3 bugfix to rid the "blur effect" as per usual and then installed the wad (that ALWAYS fixed even the most stubourn of banner and icon bricks) but ill be god damned if that does brick my 3.2U wii every single time i install a Boy And His Blob Wad no matter how i go about it...Of course we could "replicate or clone" it with the images to make a base.wad for it but then we have to make a ISO forwarder for the games ID (like klinikal and spayro's homebrew ones) to forward the game to load from this channel even if i do make or get a base.wad that installs properly...

About the Zshare...
god damn share sites the media fire link is shot now 2 it was only a couple of weeks ago i upped that one i think
ohmy.gif
:( ill re-up it bud
wink.gif
do you have a Dol that works to forward the sd:/apps/mame/boot.dol?
From what I have read from Mr.Tea's posts as Baboon at wadder and theplayground-uk there is need for someone to compile a forwarder using the Usb Loader GX Forwarder Source code to compile it....

Typical forwarder DONT WORK on mame so while having a few pooky wads i tossed together is nice for the future...They are rather worthless untill we can inject a dol that loads the application (forwarding or otherwise)

Its to bad 2 because this knew port seems to work pretty decent on average file sized roms and the load times are MUCH better than they were with the previous builds....

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
so the forwarders dont work than? o well and no i don't know how to compile. as for a boy and his brick i wouldn't bother trying to get a channel working with it it's impossible.

foolontehill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
JUST NEEDS A FORWARDER (or otherwise being embeding the main dol does not work) TO INJECT THAT WORKS WITH THE NEW MAME!

Vintage Pacman Style wad (NO DOL INJECTED AT ALL ATM SO LOADS TO BLACK SCREEN) just thought i would share the wad with you guys

Mirrors

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ohum0d

http://rapidshare.com/files/301902406/Mame...828182177432126

Can i take this wad ( the youtube vid looks awesome) and use customizemii and inject the new mame dol (0.5)into it?

Someone who knows a lot more about forwarders than I, maybe knows the answer to this.

This is a very nice looking MAME channel. Hope to get it working.

Edit: i tried it, code dump...

Funny thing is, even when i try to start MAME through the HBC, it just tries to load, then kicks me back to the HBC. So maybe when i can get it to work through the HBC i can get the channel to work.

mroptional

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wandering if it was possible to create a sdl mame wii forwarder that would search for the following boot.dol place

sd\apps\sdlmame-wii

instead of the

sd\apps\sdlmamewii

like in the SDL Mame Wii forwarder (ZSMA)(SDFor-sdlmamewii)
since on the homebrew channel they change the folder's name.

If someone ask me why i dont make my own forwarder it's because the las time i tried to make one I totally brick my wii and i dont intend to buy another one, that means a third one, in quite a while.

So thanks in advance if someone wants to make a simple one for me and newer sdl mame wii users.

mroptional

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't want to change the name since if there is an update, I wont be able to update since it wont find the new path if they keep their new path do...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr