MAME Cabinet

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by kristianity77, Nov 15, 2006.

Nov 15, 2006

MAME Cabinet by kristianity77 at 11:14 AM (828 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. kristianity77
    OP

Member kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

United Kingdom
    Well ive been toying with the idea for quite a while now about buying an old coin op machine, and transforming it into a fully fledged MAME machine. Has anyone here done this project for themselves and is it overly difficult?

Ive seen a lot of websites of people who have completed there own mame projects and some of them look amazing!

2. corsegers

Banned corsegers Banned

Belarus
    Your avatar is scary =(

just be sure to use that 20-30 kg joystick ok?

3. nOGHRI

Newcomer nOGHRI Newbie

Sweden
    I havent done it my self but has been close to do it, so i have surfed alot about it. this is 2 very good sites about it

Build your own arcade controls

Ultimarc

There you can find a lot of good info and examples.

4. ds6220

Member ds6220 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Oh yes. MAME. I actually decided to build a cab instead of overhauling an old machine. I did document my work (to a certain degree) here but it has been a while since I have updated it. Also, apparently, my website was written by a pack of retarded spider monkeys and you should under no circumstances read the content and expect any entertainment or informational value. [​IMG]

edit: nOGHRI is exactly right. the first link he lists is where I learned how to do what I did (except for the whole beer with power tools thing. That is just irresponsible) In fact, my cab is listed among the several hundred examples on that site.

5. Mettaur

Newcomer Mettaur Member

United States
    I've made one. I've found that cutting the MDF without getting dust EVERYWHERE is extremely hard to do. The hardest part is spending around $150 on parts.