Malicious app penetrates iTunes store to test security

junkerde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so basically this dude created an app to inject into the appstore, why not make everything free. BTW i just herd Adobe is no longer working on flash for mobile devices, its history now, its html 5 now, they haz joined the bandwagon.......

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, we can see how many people here have never tried to report a security flaw to many companies. :P Myself, I've reported a few only to find them still functional months later. Sometimes you just need to make a scene to get any damned attention on an actual problem.

he should try breaking into a bank and stealing their money to show how the banks security is faulty then await praise.
His reactions are likely just to get more attention to this issue.

Reactions: 1 person

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Apple: "Problem? There IS NO problem, it's just your fault for being human error, just stfu and gtfo. UMAD?"

*AFTER you make said exploit public knowledge*

Apple:
IMAD.jpg
"LAWSUIT!"

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ok so basically this dude created an app to inject into the appstore, why not make everything free. BTW i just herd Adobe is no longer working on flash for mobile devices, its history now, its html 5 now, they haz joined the bandwagon.......

Apple never supported Flash in their mobile devices to begin with. You're talking about Adobe and their recent no more flash for mobile devices -decision.

-Qtis

ps. Everything made by coding is bound to be flawed some way. Let alone if there is a possibility of using unchecked code.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey... I applaud this guy.

Apple needs to be taken down a few notches.

They claim they don't get viruses/hacks. Blatently false.

They also claim that things "Just work" on a mac, which is blatently false and should be considered false advertising and be fined.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: All our girls are tested and cleaned. Crap we mixed up results