Cause we hate what you do
And we hate your whole crew
So please don't stay in touch

Thrust

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this is absolute crap. On top of the really insulting thing halo just said >.> wtf man.

Thrust

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...I wasnt aware there were so many discriminatory people on here :wtf: gbatemp always struck me as a pretty gentle open community

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it takes two to tango, did the other dude stop him or not want to? If so they could SAY that was the reason.

...but it's clearly discrimination.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...I wasnt aware there were so many discriminatory people on here :wtf: gbatemp always struck me as a pretty gentle open community
This isn't common for this community. I'm surprised at the animosity I've seen in this thread myself.

It's sad. Although looking at the usernames replying to this thread I'm not surprised at the responses. It's kind of funny that only the bigots are taking the time to comment... Wonder what Freud would say...?

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Freud would point at the anal stage of the psychosexual theory of the ongoing bigotry...
Having psychology jargon aside for the older of us Tempers, I'm pretty surprised at the fact that a public school was suspending the boy. Here in Sweden, only private schools could do something like this: and even then, it'd be unconstitutional, and the law would be on them like butter on bread..

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This isn't common for this community. I'm surprised at the animosity I've seen in this thread myself.
This. In my time on this site, usually there is one person that will act like this, not usually a number. I guess most of those discussions dont take place in "User Submitted News" and that could be why its higher on some members radar, members that dont go into the more social area of the site.

On topic though, I think this is a little unfair but maybe, in an odd way, good as this maybe a push for more equality in the schooling system.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
More than a little unfair methinks. If one of the girls on the squad was on camera making out with their boyfriend bugger all would have happened. If he'd been kissing a girl then nothing would have happened.

About the person who suggested the boy forced himself upon the other. Its possible the other boy doesn't want it known that he reported it to the school hence no official reason on the suspension. It seems a bit unlikely to me but it is a possibility, I guess. I don't think that would be what happened though.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A male cheerleader is gay? Stop the presses!

Seriously, though, this is pretty despicable on the school's part. Hopefully the media scorn that they're sure to receive will be enough to convince them to reevaluate their stance on the issue.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Seriously, though, this is pretty despicable on the school's part. Hopefully the media scorn that they're sure to receive will be enough to convince them to reevaluate their stance on the issue.
As someone who has lived in texas pretty much his whole life, this shit ain't happening. Normally news would blow this crap up in proportion but not in texas they wont even give air time to this.If they do they will probably make it seem as if the kids were making out without their clothes on on the verge of having sex. I figure the school is probably going to cover their asses by stating that the kid was also was suspended for doing other things and sabotage the tape. Cmon they left the reason for suspension blank, its a sad day that white homophobic conservatives can control most of the state.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As someone who has lived in texas pretty much his whole life, this shit ain't happening. Normally news would blow this crap up in proportion but not in texas they wont even give air time to this.If they do they will probably make it seem as if the kids were making out without their clothes on on the verge of having sex. I figure the school is probably going to cover their asses by stating that the kid was also was suspended for doing other things and sabotage the tape. Cmon they left the reason for suspension blank, its a sad day that white homophobic conservatives can control most of the state.

Well, the local media might not care, but that's not to say that national coverage would treat it the same way (If the story takes off, that is).

Though yeah, that's why I said hopefully. It would be great, but like you said, it isn't very likely.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not common you say? anytime homosexuality or anything remotely close to it is discussed here on gbatemp the homophobic or religious bigots always seem to raise their nasty heads.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no surprise that there will be hate on homosexuality.

What is surprising is how it's still news that homophobes exist.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
WTF is D9K talking about? Most of the people in this thread have disapproved of the school's actions. Including myself. Where is this animosity you keep whining about?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
We're only getting one side to the story.

It's obvious Texas is no gays allowed land but come on people, he is was a cheerleader, I would guess he is the type of gay that makes everyone know he is gay when he first steps into a room, which probably started the teachers looking through camera footage in the first place.

EDIT: Obviously this doesn't justify the suspension but you know.

Supreme Dirt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just... christ.

God I hate people sometimes.

It's obvious Texas is no gays allowed land but come on people, he is was a cheerleader, I would guess he is the type of gay that makes everyone know he is gay when he first steps into a room, which probably started the teachers looking through camera footage in the first place.

So we shouldn't be allowed to be who we are?

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
It's obvious Texas is no gays allowed land but come on people, he is  was a cheerleader, I would guess he is the type of gay that makes everyone know he is gay when he first steps into a room, which probably started the teachers looking through camera footage in the first place.[/p]

So we shouldn't be allowed to be who we are?
I think prowler's point is that you shouldn't really advertise it in a place where majority of people dislike us. I might be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...