Making your own "channel" for a game?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by War, Jul 26, 2008.

1. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    I haven't even done the TH yet, but I was just wondering... either with the TH or with a modchip, would it be possible to make a channel for one of your own games such as a SNES/NES game? For example, like when you download a VC game, and it's in its own little "channel", is it possible to have your ROMs have their own channel?

2. teq

teq GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2008
    United States
    It might be possible to configure an emulator to auto load a game, but why would you want to?

It's much smarter to just have a generic emulator that supports an entire library of games.

3. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Well, would it be possible to make a channel for an emulator?

4. teq

teq GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2008
    United States
    There are tons.... search around?

5. zidane_genome

zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

May 21, 2006
    United States
    by downloading a VC wad, and injecting your own ROM, and a custom banner/save image, in effect, you are creating your own channel...

I believe that's what your trying to do. And before you ask how, just look in the Wii/Hacking subsection, and you'll see a TON of threads explaining how.

6. nanika

nanika 文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。

Apr 22, 2008
    United States
    Yes, and channels for emulators have already been made, even with their own banners and icons.

EDIT: Assigning quote information.

7. teq

teq GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2008
    United States
    I guess, but the ability to have an entire library of games accessible from one channel/emulator seems more appealing, to me.

The price of a 2GB SD card, when compared to the 512MB internal, is convincing enough.