Hacking Making you Wii a virgin again?

sithed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this possible? somehow, my IOSs are kind of screwed up and it's preventing me from using the HackMii installer.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The HackMii installer insists on using a clean, nonpatched, non-CORP IOS. Your problem can be easily fixed by using Dop-Mii to install IOS61 clean (without applying any patches) and then running the HackMii installer.

EDIT: you should also install a clean IOS34, since IIRC the HackMii Installer needs that to do its stuff.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
do not virginize if youre going to rehack. this is the most misunderstood thing around. dont revirginize and then slut her back out youll brick that bitch. just dress her up a little better (rehack)

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Virginizing is only useful if you're reselling the Wii hack-free or if you think you know better than Nintendo's repair center (hint: you don't).

In most cases, identifying the problem IOSes and reinstalling them with any necessary patches is the best route.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually why do you want to make it a virgin? Don't you got homebrewchannel installed? With that you can fix those ios problems.

PyroSpark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TRushInfo said:
do not virginize if youre going to rehack. this is the most misunderstood thing around. dont revirginize and then slut her back out youll brick that bitch. just dress her up a little better (rehack)

This is my favorite post of the day. XD

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey there. i dont mean to be a pain, but i need to send my wii in for repair, and before i send it in i need to revirginize my wii. I keep asking in the NOOB thread, but no one has bothered answering my question. ID rly apreciate the help. From my understanding Nintendo has created a bootable disc which searches for illegal software. According to the article whihc revealed this the reason teh wii as detected as softmodded was because some cIOS's were not properly removed. I am following the virginization guide here. My question is this. The guide says to remove IOS's above 200 except 249, but what about the stub? what about the custom IOS 73 or 37 53 w/e i may have installed through Dopemod or cIOS rev 19 etc, how would i restore those to non custom? Should I just follow the guide then after im done do an official update? im sorry i just want everything to be cleaned out before i send it in. Even if it is impossible to get away with it i at least want to try. sry to be a bother. id rly appreciate anyhelp i can get before my Wii's GPu frys

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To virginize a wii just remove darkcorp ( if installed ) and all custom channels. Use ATD and remove IOS 249, 250, 222, 223, 224. Remove Priiloader and BOOTMII if it is installed. Then run a wii system update.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
The only way to fully virginize your wii if you're sending it to nintendo is to run comex's nand formatter. Or you can just totally brick with wii or fry it so they have no chance of finding homebrew.

Or, just use your favorite program to releech/install every IOS (NOT patched!). You can get a few IOS's updated just by doing a Wii update, unless you're already at 4.2.

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok so this is what i plan to do. plz let me know if im doing anything wrong.

1. remove darkcorp with the darkcorp uninstaller
2. use ATD to remove ISO's 249, 250, 222, 223, 224, 0, and custom channels
3. then run NANDClean to remove priiloader, and left over system files
4. run hackmii installer to remove bootmii, and dvdx
5. Do official Nintendo update via the wii settings menu

sry to annoy u guys. but how do i get the official IOS's without pathces. do i just use NUS downloader. gaaaahhh so confused. ill give u a little detail about my wii. I have the Darkcorp installed with CIOS rev 19 on 4.2.

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
apparently, you did not read the blog that WiiCrazy linked to either.

This is it for now until bushing or pune or someone else who is awesome comes up with something.

You need to either fry the wii or run comex's nand formatter. No other way around it yet.

darn...ok then. so Comex's Nand formatter basically wipes EVERYTHING on my Wii, and it will be factory new? According to the readme i need the NUS downloader to have the system menu right? i apologize for consistently asking u questions. i feel rly bad, and i know it is kinda annoying, but how should i go about using this. i googled around, and it seems alot of people are getting bricked, and i dont want to make the same noobish mistake.

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Ok, first off, do you have bootmii as boot2??
and what retail games do you have?

yeah i installed it as both boot2, and IOS, but if u want i can check again just incase cuz im not 100% sure.
i have SMG. SMG2, Mario Kart Wii, Brawl, Super Paper Mario, The Conduit (eewww
tongue.gif
), Sonic Unleashed, Medal of Honor Heros 2, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Red Steel, and Animal Crossing. My Zelda TP got scratched, and only the game intro on the wii menu shows.

Mr. Shizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't you install bootmii on a virgin wii, then dump the nand, and then use betwiin to convert the dump to work on your system?

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Ok then, you're going to want to remove bootmii from boot2 and only have it installed as an IOS.

Then you will need to download with NUS and put into the wad folder on your SD card(make sure theres no other wads in that folder);
EULAv2
Region select v1 (the correct one for your region)
IOS60
System menu 4.1 (the correct one for your region)

Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you the most recent formatter.

alright i sent u a PM. i had some trouble launching the hackmii installer, but i got it working. I also downloaded the NUS downloader, and got all 4 wads u posted. (I got the latest version of IOS60, the stub, and downloaded 4.2, and 4.1 system menu. i originally thought u siad 4.2)

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Painguy said:
alright i sent u a PM. i had some trouble launching the hackmii installer, but i got it working. I also downloaded the NUS downloader, and got all 4 wads u posted. (I got the latest version of IOS60, the stub, and downloaded 4.2, and 4.1 system menu. i originally thought u siad 4.2)
You're kidding me right? I should have specified that but I forgot. Download IOS60 v6174 instead. delete the stub file.

Only one system menu file, And you HAVE to use 4.1 with the method that I am walking you though.

Those 4 specific files ONLY. NO OTHERS!!!

nah its ok. i should have known myself considering that we cant run code on 6400. my mistake. Ok anyway i got all files ready.

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
P.P.P.S. It also might be helpful that when you set up the wii like you did when you first bought it, that you set the date back to a few years ago around the time that you bought it and then use the retail discs to update, and then before you send the wii in make sure that you change the date to what it currently is.

thx man it all worked out, but the only thing i didnt do is the time settings ummmm....well im pretty sure that as long as it has no patched IOS's and such it wont matter right? I honestly dont know how to thank you. You really helped me out, and im very greatful. i wish i could repay you somehow. ill find a way
tongue.gif

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Painguy said:
DeadlyFoez said:
P.P.P.S. It also might be helpful that when you set up the wii like you did when you first bought it, that you set the date back to a few years ago around the time that you bought it and then use the retail discs to update, and then before you send the wii in make sure that you change the date to what it currently is.

thx man it all worked out, but the only thing i didnt do is the time settings ummmm....well im pretty sure that as long as it has no patched IOS's and such it wont matter right? I honestly dont know how to thank you. You really helped me out, and im very greatful. i wish i could repay you somehow. ill find a way
tongue.gif
just send me some cute asian chick in the mail to give me a BJ and all will be fine
wink.gif

Also, make sure that you put every game in and accept the updates from all and probably allow the games to make a save game, and you should probably also create some mii's. At least try to make it look as not strange as possible.

But hey, if they ever ask then you can just say that you had bought it and just never got the chance to use it until recently.

haha no problem. il pay for shipping and everything.
laugh.gif
its on the house. But yeah im doin all that right now. thx again (i bumped this thread again probably oops)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head