Making you Wii a virgin again?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sithed, Jun 16, 2010.

Jun 16, 2010

Making you Wii a virgin again? by sithed at 6:31 AM (2,240 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. sithed
    OP

Newcomer sithed Newbie

United States
    Is this possible? somehow, my IOSs are kind of screwed up and it's preventing me from using the HackMii installer.

2. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    The HackMii installer insists on using a clean, nonpatched, non-CORP IOS. Your problem can be easily fixed by using Dop-Mii to install IOS61 clean (without applying any patches) and then running the HackMii installer.

EDIT: you should also install a clean IOS34, since IIRC the HackMii Installer needs that to do its stuff.

3. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    do not virginize if youre going to rehack. this is the most misunderstood thing around. dont revirginize and then slut her back out youll brick that bitch. just dress her up a little better (rehack)

4. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    Virginizing is only useful if you're reselling the Wii hack-free or if you think you know better than Nintendo's repair center (hint: you don't).

In most cases, identifying the problem IOSes and reinstalling them with any necessary patches is the best route.

5. elimist

Member elimist GBAtemp Regular

United States
    or you could sell it for more as a softmodded wii that can play games for free.

6. bjorno

Member bjorno GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Actually why do you want to make it a virgin? Don't you got homebrewchannel installed? With that you can fix those ios problems.

7. PyroSpark

Member PyroSpark GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This is my favorite post of the day. XD

8. Painguy

Member Painguy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey there. i dont mean to be a pain, but i need to send my wii in for repair, and before i send it in i need to revirginize my wii. I keep asking in the NOOB thread, but no one has bothered answering my question. ID rly apreciate the help. From my understanding Nintendo has created a bootable disc which searches for illegal software. According to the article whihc revealed this the reason teh wii as detected as softmodded was because some cIOS's were not properly removed. I am following the virginization guide here. My question is this. The guide says to remove IOS's above 200 except 249, but what about the stub? what about the custom IOS 73 or 37 53 w/e i may have installed through Dopemod or cIOS rev 19 etc, how would i restore those to non custom? Should I just follow the guide then after im done do an official update? im sorry i just want everything to be cleaned out before i send it in. Even if it is impossible to get away with it i at least want to try. sry to be a bother. id rly appreciate anyhelp i can get before my Wii's GPu frys

9. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    To virginize a wii just remove darkcorp ( if installed ) and all custom channels. Use ATD and remove IOS 249, 250, 222, 223, 224. Remove Priiloader and BOOTMII if it is installed. Then run a wii system update.

10. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
  11. OrGoN3

Member OrGoN3 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Or, just use your favorite program to releech/install every IOS (NOT patched!). You can get a few IOS's updated just by doing a Wii update, unless you're already at 4.2.

12. Painguy

United States
    Ok so this is what i plan to do. plz let me know if im doing anything wrong.

1. remove darkcorp with the darkcorp uninstaller
    2. use ATD to remove ISO's 249, 250, 222, 223, 224, 0, and custom channels
    3. then run NANDClean to remove priiloader, and left over system files
    4. run hackmii installer to remove bootmii, and dvdx
    5. Do official Nintendo update via the wii settings menu

sry to annoy u guys. but how do i get the official IOS's without pathces. do i just use NUS downloader. gaaaahhh so confused. ill give u a little detail about my wii. I have the Darkcorp installed with CIOS rev 19 on 4.2.

13. Painguy

United States
    darn...ok then. so Comex's Nand formatter basically wipes EVERYTHING on my Wii, and it will be factory new? According to the readme i need the NUS downloader to have the system menu right? i apologize for consistently asking u questions. i feel rly bad, and i know it is kinda annoying, but how should i go about using this. i googled around, and it seems alot of people are getting bricked, and i dont want to make the same noobish mistake.

14. chrisrlink

Member chrisrlink Rouge Temper

United States
    and this is why I used starpatch to put a freeze on updating

15. Painguy

United States
    yeah i installed it as both boot2, and IOS, but if u want i can check again just incase cuz im not 100% sure.
    i have SMG. SMG2, Mario Kart Wii, Brawl, Super Paper Mario, The Conduit (eewww [​IMG]), Sonic Unleashed, Medal of Honor Heros 2, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Red Steel, and Animal Crossing. My Zelda TP got scratched, and only the game intro on the wii menu shows.

16. Mr. Shizzy

Newcomer Mr. Shizzy Member

United States
    Couldn't you install bootmii on a virgin wii, then dump the nand, and then use betwiin to convert the dump to work on your system?

17. Painguy

United States
    alright i sent u a PM. i had some trouble launching the hackmii installer, but i got it working. I also downloaded the NUS downloader, and got all 4 wads u posted. (I got the latest version of IOS60, the stub, and downloaded 4.2, and 4.1 system menu. i originally thought u siad 4.2)

18. Painguy

United States
    nah its ok. i should have known myself considering that we cant run code on 6400. my mistake. Ok anyway i got all files ready.

19. Painguy

United States
    thx man it all worked out, but the only thing i didnt do is the time settings ummmm....well im pretty sure that as long as it has no patched IOS's and such it wont matter right? I honestly dont know how to thank you. You really helped me out, and im very greatful. i wish i could repay you somehow. ill find a way [​IMG]

20. Painguy

United States
    haha no problem. il pay for shipping and everything. [​IMG] its on the house. But yeah im doin all that right now. thx again (i bumped this thread again probably oops)