Hacking Making Wii Homebrew

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I would really like to be able to create my own homebrew, i.e. games and the like. I've done step 1 of the tutorial on CodeMii.com , but I get really confused about making this 'Hello World' thing. I've looked on Google for a C programming tutorial but they just make no sense to me.

What I would like is some help, and possibly someone could point me to a special tutorial on how to make Wii Homebrew...

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Making Wii homebrew *IS* C coding. If you can't do that then you're not going to make anything for the Wii.

There isn't anything that a specific "coding for the wii" tutorial would teach you to get started.

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Richy Freeway said:
Making Wii homebrew *IS* C coding. If you can't do that then you're not going to make anything for the Wii.

There isn't anything that a specific "coding for the wii" tutorial would teach you to get started.
I know it's C coding which is why i'm trying to learn it. But most tutorials are hard to follow since I know nothing about coding.

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think it's good idea to start coding for the Wii if you're just getting into coding. Start simple by trying to get 'Hello World' to show on your computer screen before trying that on a Wii.

razor950

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once you learn C or C++, learning either and others becomes fairly easy, C++ is essentially C with some changes but not a whole lot different

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll have a look for a 'For dummies' tutorial on the internet. I won't buy one of the books, because I probably won't read it all, and the internet is just...Well, free.

There are no community things; I live in England, not the US.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try this:
http://sean.cruels.net/cpp/

It's C++, but probably one of the best free dummy tutorials ever.
smile.gif

(Start at 1, and then go up ofcourse)

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Livin in a box said:
I'll have a look for a 'For dummies' tutorial on the internet. I won't buy one of the books, because I probably won't read it all, and the internet is just...Well, free.

There are no community things; I live in England, not the US.
What are you talking about? There are loads of courses you could go on.

Enquire at your local college. It'll probably cost you money though.

Or just buy a decent book. You either want to learn this, or you don't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.