Gaming Making "CFW" instalers?

Excellentnuke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I find out how to do this? I just want to make a simple one for myself so I can recover my flash0 since I installed some plugins to it. This is for when I upgrade to the newest OFW so I can run legit games. I know Prometheus allows me to run UMDs on CFW. I just want to play games such as Phantasy Star Portable 2 with full features and so I can get the updates to it since they update through the XMB.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Excellentnuke said:
Where can I find out how to do this? I just want to make a simple one for myself so I can recover my flash0 since I installed some plugins to it. This is for when I upgrade to the newest OFW so I can run legit games. I know Prometheus allows me to run UMDs on CFW. I just want to play games such as Phantasy Star Portable 2 with full features and so I can get the updates to it since they update through the XMB.
You'll still have to buy PSP2 if you want the full features due to it's License thingie.

Excellentnuke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know. I'm not new to this
tongue.gif
I already boot using a Pandora on my Phat PSP.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not sure exactly what you intend to achieve, but TZS isn't a CFW. It's a very basic LUA script that installs a few files to flash. It will ONLY work on a PSP that already has CFW and does nothing a few plugins won't do. (In fact, it basically only installs those plugins). It also contains a few illegal modules from OFW.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Assuming you're updating to OFW, how do you propose to access flash0 again? Via a Pandora? If so why overcomplicate the issue...just use a standard MMS creation utility....

Excellentnuke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know what I'm doing. I plan on updating occasionally to OFW then using my Pandora/MMS to downgrade back to M33-4. Then I update to M33-6 and reflash my plugins so that I don't have to worry about keeping them on both of my memory sticks.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Why are you flashing plugins to flash0 anyway? Just keep a pre-prepared seplugins folder....takes 2 seconds to copy that across.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So basically you want a tool to install a few plugins in flash0 on a CFW? That's fairly simple to do, you could easily modify the LUA scripts used by TZS installer to install different plugins. Just replace the plugins in the "slim" folder and then edit "slim.lua" and change the names of the plugins to get copied, and remove any unnecessary files you don't want copied (e.g. VSHCTRL.prx, which just changes the firmware version to "5.00 TZS-6"). You say you know what you're doing, so I guess you should be able to work out what needs flashed and where exactly to put it, the only mildly tricky part is editing the LUA script, but it should be pretty self explanatory. (Just edit it in a text editor BTW).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt