Making a homebrew soccer game (with online)

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by ggKfc, May 28, 2007.

May 28, 2007
  1. ggKfc
    OP

Newcomer ggKfc Member

Australia
    Im interested in making a soccer game quite like fifa on nds where you can manage the teams and also play in the field where each soccer characters stats are directly reflected in gameplay. you can play offline mode but you can also play other ppl online. to connect to online players, we'll have a website where ppl can play matches and sign up to comps.. i would like some programmers and maybe graphic designers who are interested to post below..

thnx

2. Sonicandtails

Member Sonicandtails GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Your asking people to make the homebrew for you. Let me tell you, that's not going to work.

3. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    i think hes asking for people to work with him.

4. Sonicandtails

Member Sonicandtails GBAtemp Fan

United States
    What else could possibly be needed? What is he going to be, the project manager?

5. ggKfc
    OP

Newcomer ggKfc Member

Australia
    nononono as in im gonna program it (i actually have most of the pseudocode/logic/systems planned out)but i may need some help with some parts.

6. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Posts like this always bring a smile to my face. People who dream up an idea for a game and think that means they've made a significant contribution to making it a reality. "I have an idea, now I need lots of other people to do 90% of the work". Classic [​IMG]

ggKfc, please prove me wrong. You've done far more than just make up an idea haven't you, you've put some thought into how this thing's going together, got some other things you can actually add beyond ideas, maybe even a basic grasp of programming or simple graphics. You just haven't written as much detail in the post as that that's in your head, right? (...right? [​IMG])

[Edit] And he does, sneaking a post in while I'm still typing [​IMG] Excellent stuff, carry on

7. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    It would be easier -and funnier- to do it Super Mario Strikers style. Less characters,better multiplayer. ^^

8. 4ppleseed

Member 4ppleseed GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Just port Sensible Soccer to the DS. The dual screens would rock.