Making A GBA Cartridge for EarthBound 2?

Rupin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I want to make myself a cartridge for EarthBound 2 (Mother 3) for my GBA since my PC is too laggy for the emulator(Meant for basic stuff, Minecraft, NES em's, ETC.) Anybody know how to do so? Anything is helpful! Thanks!

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hey, I want to make myself a cartridge for EarthBound 2 (Mother 3) for my GBA since my PC is too laggy for the emulator(Meant for basic stuff, Minecraft, NES em's, ETC.) Anybody know how to do so? Anything is helpful! Thanks!
What emulator are you using???

Rupin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What emulator are you using???

I'm using the GBPlayer and it's the best I can find without getting a shitload of viruses. Even when it doesn't lag I'd like to have a portable version for on the go.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't. My Windows 10 won't do .EXE's or acces ZIP's. I've tried just about everything, trust me.

Care to elaborate? how can your windows pc not access zip files or exes

also minecraft requires way more resources than a gba emulator

Last edited by izy,
Reactions: hobbledehoy899

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using the GBPlayer and it's the best I can find without getting a shitload of viruses. Even when it doesn't lag I'd like to have a portable version for on the go.
Can't. My Windows 10 won't do .EXE's or acces ZIP's. I've tried just about everything, trust me.
What the fuck.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I can think of here is that he was duped into buying a Windows 10 phone because "It's Windows and it can run Windows games!!". Either that, or there's some serious configuration issue.

@Rupin What happens when you try to open a ZIP file or an EXE?

Rupin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I can think of here is that he was duped into buying a Windows 10 phone because "It's Windows and it can run Windows games!!". Either that, or there's some serious configuration issue.

@Rupin What happens when you try to open a ZIP file or an EXE?
I open it and it says "Windows applications cannot open .EXE files" word for word, also I had originally bought my computer for work, but I ended up using the one's I had access to and finishing before I managed to get home

Last edited by Rupin,

Rupin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Care to elaborate? how can your windows pc not access zip files or exes

also minecraft requires way more resources than a gba emulator
I know, yet I've tried multiple times to play all sorts of games for GBA such as Minish Cap and also even Pokémon Fire Red. Lots of lag after the title screen.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
[Link removed] to a Mother 3 cart for 4.75 USD, free shipping included. Much cheaper than making one yourself. Have fun!

Last edited by enarky,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please don't link repros -- it is about the same as linking a ROM really, or maybe a CD on your chosen tat merchant that has the ROM on it.

As for making your own cart then many favoured using a small GBA expansion pack cart, such as the EZ 3 in 1. So popular was it that the GBA size model is quite rare and expensive where the DS lite sized one is cheap and readily available. Personally I would still get a flash cart, or in your case if you like PC emulation (and it is great if you get it going for you) then that.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Please don't link repros -- it is about the same as linking a ROM really, or maybe a CD on your chosen tat merchant that has the ROM on it.

As for making your own cart then many favoured using a small GBA expansion pack cart, such as the EZ 3 in 1. So popular was it that the GBA size model is quite rare and expensive where the DS lite sized one is cheap and readily available. Personally I would still get a flash cart, or in your case if you like PC emulation (and it is great if you get it going for you) then that.
Removed that link, sorry. Thing is, as of recently these repro carts can be flashed with BennVenn's joey, so they're essentially 5USD flash carts with a nice logo. Am currently waiting for the joey to be available again...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.