Making a Backup of a Backup via dvd-r/+r to ISO

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by natas420, Aug 8, 2009.

1. natas420
    OP

Newcomer natas420 Member

United States
    Hi All,

I realized after making backups of my original games that I only had them in disc form and deleted the ISO. Not wanting to back them up via the originals again and wait hours, I wanted to find a way to back them up quickly and accurately. Also, I didn't want to put undue stress on the laser. The problem I ran into was that the backup rips I made turned out to be 4,700,307,456 bytes and not 4,699,979,776 bytes. I read threads about people using imgburn becauase they couldnt get a properly sized backup ISO;that the reason the file is slightly larger than a proper Wii backup, is due to the dvd authoring code, and when burned will equal 4,699,979,776 bytes. From an accurate backup standpoint, I dont like the idea of a backup disc image not being the exact same size as the original..or missing the other partitions on the disc.

If you change your WBFS Manager 3.0 Advanced Options under Partitions to Keep to All, and copy the wrongfully sized backup ISOs over to the USB drive then back over again to the computer, you will see that the file size is now 4,699,979,776. Also, when I loaded up wiiscrubber all partitions that were on the backups, were also on the newly created backups as well.

Hope this helps anyone.

Natas420

2. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I don't get the point. Are you looking for help or do you want to help?
    The few kb differnce doesn't matter, just burn the ISOs.

3. natas420
    OP

Newcomer natas420 Member

United States
    Oh I'm sorry mousex, when I said "I hope this helps anyone" I figured that would have been self-explanatory.

Have a superfantastic day,

Natas420

4. Talltexan

Newcomer Talltexan Member

United States
    so if say i am using Configurable USB Loader can i put one of my old backed up DVD's into the drive and put it on my USB drive?

5. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    I'm not really sure how this is helpful t anyone. Whether I use Magic ISO, IMGburn, or Nero, I didn't have any problems ripping my backups to ISO. They were identical in size to the ISO before I burned them, and worked perfectly after adding them to WBFS. Even my bad burns (stopped at 99%) that worked as dvd-r backups, still produced ISOs that launched fine with USB Loader.

The fact that you are trying to be helpful is appreciated, in any instance, but this thread confuses me as to how it well help anyone successfully change the format of their backups.

6. natas420
    OP

Newcomer natas420 Member

United States
    I had issues with imgburn when I originally burned an ISO that was the correct size (i.e. xx776)..the game was playable and everything..but when I didnt have the ISO anymore and wanted to make a copy
    I could only go off the backed up disc I had and it would not turn out the correct size. I have no idea why. I also tried via nero and clonecd same thing happened. While playable I dont like near copies. Thats like
    using normal