Makie a battery for a phat? (not Pandora)

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by whoomph, Jun 29, 2010.

Jun 29, 2010
  1. whoomph
    OP

Member whoomph GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Has anyone managed to do this? Over 9000 pandora hits and videos have thwarted my search for evidence or a tutorial.
    Basically, I'm sick of buying crappy fakes that last 40 mins and I fancy getting my soldering iron out.

Im sure I've seen something about using a mobile battery cell inside an original psp battery case?

Anyone have any ideas/links?

2. foxgrey

Member foxgrey GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Interesting idea. Although I gotta say, be very carefull. It would be way too easy to short a battery, or heat it up and have it explode while your working on it.

I did a google search and found this, which makes sense. If you can find a replacement that has the right voltage rating then you should be good.

Read more: How to Use a Phone Battery as a PSP Battery | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5004294_use-phone-...l#ixzz0sFw7gs9i

3. CrashmanX

Member CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

United States
    Are you saying turn a battery into a PSP Battery? There is just no way this could be good or even plausibly possible. PSP batteries have a chip in them that tells the PSP "THIS IS YOUR BATTERY! You will use him".

4. whoomph
    OP

Member whoomph GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    @foxgrey Thanks for the link. I would like to adapt the idea in the tutorial so that my precious psp is unharmed. I was thinking of using a fake battery (super cheap) and switching just the cell from a much better branded source. This would get over the issues raised in CrashmanX's wonderful reply of support and encouragement lol

5. foxgrey

Member foxgrey GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah I was actaully thinking of trying this myself. I have a cheap fake that I bought awhile back, I just pulled it apart and I must say they made it easy lol. My fake has the + and - labeled clearly, and has big enough pads that it should be an easy solder job. I'll take some pics later if anyone wants them.

And, I'll definetly report back If I have any success in finding a replacement battery cell.

6. nico445

Member nico445 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    i've read somewhere that a nokia battery in those brickstyle phones work good, don't know where it was.