Make Yuzu launch directly into certain games via Steam?

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Hey guys, I'm trying to get Steam to load up Yuzu and automatically load a game. I wanna add individual games to my Steam library rather than just the emulator itself. I googled around and tried doing several things people had said to. Such as changing the path in Steam to be "yuzu path" "NSP path" and even adding "-f -g" to launch in full screen, with no luck. It will load yuzu for a brief moment, then automatically close. Launching JUST Yuzu works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

DoppioAstarte

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Hey guys, I'm trying to get Steam to load up Yuzu and automatically load a game. I wanna add individual games to my Steam library rather than just the emulator itself. I googled around and tried doing several things people had said to. Such as changing the path in Steam to be "yuzu path" "NSP path" and even adding "-f -g" to launch in full screen, with no luck. It will load yuzu for a brief moment, then automatically close. Launching JUST Yuzu works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
I think I got it. I added the emulator as a non-steam game for the base, renamed it to the game (Xenoblade Chronicles - DE), created a bat file (renamed txt file) and put
(start "" "F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Xenoblade Chronicles - DE\yuzu_ea.exe"
"F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Xenoblade Chronicles - DE\user\nand\user\Contents\registered\471B0AF12E7785778CD2E53C8FB89E1A.nca")

(Rename it to your stuff obviously, copy everything but the parenthesis) and then opened the properties and pointed the target to the bat instead of the exe. You can get the file name by going to the games properties, and use steamgriddb for the ui stuff. Hope this works for you

Reactions: ManuscriptReplica

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I got it. I added the emulator as a non-steam game for the base, renamed it to the game (Xenoblade Chronicles - DE), created a bat file (renamed txt file) and put
(start "" "F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Xenoblade Chronicles - DE\yuzu_ea.exe"
"F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Xenoblade Chronicles - DE\user\nand\user\Contents\registered\471B0AF12E7785778CD2E53C8FB89E1A.nca")

(Rename it to your stuff obviously, copy everything but the parenthesis) and then opened the properties and pointed the target to the bat instead of the exe. You can get the file name by going to the games properties, and use steamgriddb for the ui stuff. Hope this works for you

Thanks so much. I'll try it tonight when I'm home and let you know. Cheers!

DoppioAstarte

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting an error saying steam can't find the .bat. But it's the right location. Man this is such a pain lol.
can't find bat? what did you type in the steam target line and the bat? the start "" stuff goes in the bat and "F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Xenoblade Chronicles - DE\PlayXenobladeDE.bat" (for example) would go in the steam target line. also the "start in" line has to be the folder where the emulator .exe is.
Also is the .bat file called (Name).bat.txt or (Name).bat? Try to turn on file name extensions to check.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 297
Last edited by DoppioAstarte,

DoppioAstarte

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better to use an app like Launchbox IMO, where you can add individual games and a pic for that game. You can also launch Steam games or any PC games or emulators from Launchbox. This is my setup

View attachment 283071
Steam ROM manager does the images thing, but it adds the separate emulator games to steam itself so you can launch them without having to launch the emulator. The long way I was describing was basically for like 1 or 2 games, or not wanting to download a separate thing.

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't find bat? what did you type in the steam target line and the bat? the start "" stuff goes in the bat and "F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Xenoblade Chronicles - DE\PlayXenobladeDE.bat" (for example) would go in the steam target line. also the "start in" line has to be the folder where the emulator .exe is.
Also is the .bat file called (Name).bat.txt or (Name).bat? Try to turn on file name extensions to check.

Here is how I have it setup. Yuzu and the NSP/Steam are on different drives, if that matters. Not sure what I'm missing here. Sorry for being thick lol. I copy/pasted the path of the bat file, so it's correctly entered. Very confusing.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-04 022514.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-04 022514.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 334
  • Screenshot 2021-11-04 022442.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-04 022442.png
    214.5 KB · Views: 277

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is how I have it setup. Yuzu and the NSP/Steam are on different drives, if that matters. Not sure what I'm missing here. Sorry for being thick lol. I copy/pasted the path of the bat file, so it's correctly entered. Very confusing.
Oh and in the .bat file is:

start "" "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\yuzu\yuzu-windows-msvc\yuzu.exe"
"D:\Switch\Games\NSPs\MetroidDread.nsp"

Deleted member 568587

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Steam ROM manager does the images thing, but it adds the separate emulator games to steam itself so you can launch them without having to launch the emulator. The long way I was describing was basically for like 1 or 2 games, or not wanting to download a separate thing.

You don't have to launch the emulator in Launchbox either you add the emulator to Launchbox and the rom and you just double click to start the game. But if someone prefers Steam that's fine I just prefer Launchbox.

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to launch the emulator in Launchbox either you add the emulator to Launchbox and the rom and you just double click to start the game. But if someone prefers Steam that's fine I just prefer Launchbox.

I appreciate the suggestion, but yeah I'm trying to consolidate everything into Steam. Thanks though!

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man you guys went with a whole batch file

You don't need any of that, add yuzu as none steam game then rename it and change up the artwork to whatever.

finally edit the properties like so

1636009891899.png

the target field has

"C:\Users\fate6\AppData\Local\128BitYuzu\yuzu-early-access\yuzu.exe" -f -g "H:\Games\Nintendo\Switch\Games\Pokemon Lets Go Eevee [0100187003A36000][v0].nsp"

So the location of yuzu which should already be there plus -f for full screen and -g for game then the location of said game.

the "" are important here as its needed to tell steam to ignore the spaces in names.

I find that sometimes steam just wont save edits you make so i hit enter or delete a letter from the name then type it back after editing the target field.

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man you guys went with a whole batch file

You don't need any of that, add yuzu as none steam game then rename it and change up the artwork to whatever.

finally edit the properties like so

View attachment 283102

Yeah that's what I tried at first. It launches Yuzu, stalls on the white window for a few moments, then closes. That's why I asked for other ways. No idea why this is being so hellish lol.

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's what I tried at first. It launches Yuzu, stalls on the white window for a few moments, then closes. That's why I asked for other ways. No idea why this is being so hellish lol.

Sounds like it can't find or fails to open the game then quits.

IDK its working fine for me so only other thing is make sure the game works correctly starting from yuzu first or that you aren't using an old version of the emu.

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it can't find or fails to open the game then quits.

IDK its working fine for me so only other thing is make sure the game works correctly starting from yuzu first or that you aren't using an old version of the emu.

Yeah game runs fine for me, and I've updated Yuzu. I can try a different NSP. Very strange. Thanks for the help.

Crashdummyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You're almost there ;)
Just reorder this stuff.

The -f and -g are args or in steamlang your "Launchoptions"
So how about this:

-Target: %LOCALAPPDATA%\128BitYuzu\yuzu-early-access\yuzu.exe
-StartIn: %LOCALAPPDATA%\128BitYuzu\yuzu-early-access
- LaunchOptions: -f -g "H:\Games\Nintendo\Switch\Games\Pokemon Lets Go Eevee [0100187003A36000][v0].nsp"

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're almost there ;)
Just reorder this stuff.

The -f and -g are args or in steamlang your "Launchoptions"
So how about this:

-Target: %LOCALAPPDATA%\128BitYuzu\yuzu-early-access\yuzu.exe
-StartIn: %LOCALAPPDATA%\128BitYuzu\yuzu-early-access
- LaunchOptions: -f -g "H:\Games\Nintendo\Switch\Games\Pokemon Lets Go Eevee [0100187003A36000][v0].nsp"

Holy hell this worked. Thank you so much. I don't know why it had to be exactly that way, but it worked.

Thanks to all who helped in this thread. Seriously.

Crashdummyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Holy hell this worked. Thank you so much. I don't know why it had to be exactly that way, but it worked.

Thanks to all who helped in this thread. Seriously.
Navigate your explorer to the yuzu.exe file.
Right click -> Create shortcut.
Then Press Right Click on the Shortcut -> Properties.

There you'll see "Target" and "StartIn".
These fields provide the same behavior as in steam.
Windows however does not provide a dedicated input field for your CommandlineArgs.
That is the reason why you need to put "-f -g [GAME]" next to the target.

You can read the whole Process file like this:
- Start new terminal
- Change Directory to game.StartIn
- Run "game.Target game.LaunchOptions"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it