but I hope not

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Title's a tad misleading, you're really only making DSiWare titles.

Still, BASIC programming language for the DSi platform? Neato, watch as Europe never gets it.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'M GOING TO MAKE. A POKEMON GAME. PLAYED IN MONSTER HUNTER STYLE. WITH LOTS OF SUN LIGHT. and a bit of night time. Wait, that'll be over powering for solarbeam and such.

nvm.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know what, this actually could be used to make some pretty cool tools...if it can access some of the 3DS features, like the 3D (make your own or import from the SD card) and camera.

i might learn something with messing around with this.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I love BASIC.
First programming language I learned.
It'll never see the light of day outside Japan though.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't even know folks still used Basic. I remember learning how to program with it back in the early 80s on a Tandy MC10. That's about as far as my programming skills ever went.

Interesting little app, I suppose.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
GeekyGuy said:
Didn't even know folks still used Basic.
Who needs OO when you've got BASIC?

I don't think people still use it, it's just an easy language to learn and lots of people have used it in some way.
Is darkBASIC still popular?

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Title's a tad misleading, you're really only making DSiWare titles.

Still, BASIC programming language for the DSi platform? Neato, watch as Europe never gets it.

No, it's "coming to the 3DS", so it'll be 3DSWare. Not sure if there's a big difference, but it's not DSIWare. It's already available in japan for DSi (I'm guessing), hence the DSi picture.

rhoobarb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I will deffo not buy a 3DS just so I can program my dsi xl in BASIC. What is going on there?! Not a lot I think. I used to do assembler and if I can't have the choice. Well I'm up for a psp2 and they can stick their Basic. Deffo still have no urge to buy a 3ds. I definately cannot understand anyone buying a 3ds just so they can program a dsi-xl and vice versa

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
rhoobarb said:
I will deffo not buy a 3DS just so I can program my dsi xl in BASIC. What is going on there?! Not a lot I think. I used to do assembler and if I can't have the choice. Well I'm up for a psp2 and they can stick their Basic. Deffo still have no urge to buy a 3ds. I definately cannot understand anyone buying a 3ds just so they can program a dsi-xl and vice versa
You write code on the machine it's running on, not on another one.
It's not a selling point for the console at all. It's a third party application which will be sold on the eshop in japan.

By assembler do you mean x86 assembly?
What's this "choice" this aboot?

rhoobarb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got the impression that it allows you to write code for a dsi - in basic(only using a 3ds) - if that's the case I'm defo not impressed. How about those people who own a dsi or a dsi xl. I could be wrong obviously - but that is the impression I got. I own a dsi-xl, so my husband and I would defo not get a 3ds just so I could program our dsi-xl's. I would defo find a cheaper way of doing it.

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Unless you can type up the stuff on your computer and load it to the app via the SD card or something, this is going to be terrible. Can you imagine how annoying and tedious it would be to type out code using your stylus on a virtual keyboard? eugh....

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
rhoobarb said:
I got the impression that it allows you to write code for a dsi - in basic(only using a 3ds) - if that's the case I'm defo not impressed. How about those people who own a dsi or a dsi xl. I could be wrong obviously - but that is the impression I got. I own a dsi-xl, so does my husband and I would defo not get a 3ds just so I could program our dsi-xl's. I would defo find a cheaper way of doing it.
It allows you to write code in BASIC for the machine it's running on.
The DSiWare version will be transferable to 3DS, but they are also working on a 3DS-only version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?