Make Your Old DS(i) Feel Like a 3DS [UNFINISHED, just here to save]

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Jwiz33, May 1, 2015.

1. Jwiz33
    OP

Jwiz33

Banned
    Jun 5, 2014
    United States
    in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
    [​IMG]

I figured I would finish this, because it has been bothering me.

Are you a 13 year old kid whose parents won't let you get a 3DS because "it's the same thing as a DS?" Well, if you have a flashcart, your DS can do many things the 3DS has, Miis, Streetpass, 3D (jk, but nobody uses 3D anyways), and much more! The way this'll be set up is I will have a 3DS feature and under it is the DS solution. Let's-a-go!

Miis
    Who doesn't like Miis? "dude miis are an abnormal science created for shovelware"
    Well, I think Miis are cool. One of the main reasons I bought a 3DS was for portable Miis..
    Well, the is a few ways to get Miis on a DS. My personal favorite is the Japanese DS game
    Tomodachi Collection. Its basically Tomodachi Life for the 3DS in Japanese on a DS.
    In case, for some reason, you can't speak Japanese fluently, (lol) jjjewel made an unfinished
    English translation for it here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/unfinished-tomodachi-collection-english-translation-patch.357438/ . You need a certain rom version for it to work, but that version doesn't work on all flashcarts. some will have to make Miis in Japanese (like me XD)
    Another way is the game Personal Trainer Walking. It's for all regions, I think. I never used it, but from screenshots I think that the Tomodachi Collection Mii Maker is better. From both
    games you can transfer Miis to and from a Wii. The last way to make Miis is with this homebrew:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/mii-maker-v0-1.169816/ . It is unfinished, not 3D, so really this
    one is more of a last resort. I still like it though. So, MIIS!!

NSMB2

NSMB romhacks, there are plenty of them! I recommend NSMB5: Clone Tag Team 2 and SMB: The New Worlds

SM3DW
    SM64DS romhacks!

Streetpass
    Tag Mode

home menu
    DSision 2

Virtual Console
    Emulators

PSA: I made this thread a while back, when I was very new and ignorant :P

Last edited by Jwiz33, Oct 3, 2015
  2. Jwiz33
    OP

Jwiz33

Banned
    Jun 5, 2014
    United States
    reserved, if that's allowed

3. Jwiz33
    OP

Jwiz33

Banned
    Jun 5, 2014
    United States
    also reserved

4. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Basically, it's a translation project for Todomachi collection?

Misleading thread title is misleading.

matpower likes this.
  5. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    this seems a cool idea, but you may need to work better on "your advertisement" every once in a while a new guy comes to the forum and asks how he can play 3ds games on his ds (or dsi)

you may want to say something like "porting 3ds streetpass plaza to ds" or "porting some of the 3ds apps\minigames to ds)

Jwiz33 likes this.
  6. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World

I see. Have fun then.

Jwiz33 and zoogie like this.
  7. Jwiz33
    OP

Jwiz33

Banned
    Jun 5, 2014
    United States
    no, it is more like a collage of nds homebrew and roms to make your nds like a 3ds, just for fun :)

8. 3DSXLGamer
    This message by 3DSXLGamer has been removed from public view by Veho, May 1, 2015, Reason: Off topic.
    May 1, 2015
  9. VinsCool
    This message by VinsCool has been removed from public view by Veho, May 1, 2015, Reason: Off topic.
    May 1, 2015
  10. 3DSXLGamer
    This message by 3DSXLGamer has been removed from public view by Veho, May 1, 2015, Reason: Off topic.
    May 1, 2015
  11. migles
    This message by migles has been removed from public view by Veho, May 1, 2015, Reason: Off topic.
    May 1, 2015
  12. 3DSXLGamer
    May 1, 2015