Hacking Make A Skin

DonLeon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
is there any turtorial about how to make dstt skin?
i want to make some but i don't know how to

i have donwloaded the ttds skin customizer but i'm still confuse about how it works.

and what is the size of the upper and the lower screen?
what format must i use?? jpg,png,gif???

how to insert the soft reset icon,cheat mode icon,etc??

thx b4

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
The skin customiser can only do the background pictures (256x192, .bmp) and the text colours. For the other images, you will need a graphics program of some sort (paint might do it, but it'll be easier with a better program like Paint.net, Photoshop, etc). Start from an existing skin, replacing each picture with your own as you go. By opening each image yourself you can figure out the answers to all of those questions, which one does what, what size it is and so on.

Ice Cold

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Using the skin customizer isn't really that helpful and it's really for amateurs. You can create much better things with photoshop. Just make sure you name all the files properly and save them all as .bmp.

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Step 1: Copy the TTMenu\skin\default folder and all of its contents to a temporary place on your computer. Your desktop is a handy catch-all for this.

Step 2: Open all of the .bmp files contained in the folder you just created in the image editor of your choice. Photoshop, gImp, whatever.

Step 3: Edit the files in whatever manner you like. The names of the files are a pretty good indicator of their function. The DSTT/TTDS FAQ sticky topic at the very top of this forum also contains images that will point out each file's function for you.

Step 4: Save your work on each file in the original format of the files. That would be Windows Bitmap. Use the Skin Customizer as you go to keep an eye on how your work is going.

Step 5: Copy the the folder contents into the TTMenu\skin\default folder on your microSD card, overwriting its original contents.

Step 6: Put your NDSL away during your English classes. Writing a clear post with few or no misspellings will get you more helpful responses like this one.
lecture.gif

DonLeon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
thank you teacher ^^
i have created one but i have a problem. the tables didn't come out.

and i tried to create by copying the old skin file and replace the wallpaper only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: