Gaming Majority/Minority of faulty "Falcon" 360s.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Is there anything proven yet? any near-official statistics about RROD'ed 360s?

Got mine and its a falcon and I'm constantly watching its front lights, waiting for RROD!

I thought since its quite a while since they are out, maybe some fault reports rose on fansites that yours trueley is not aware.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
test84 said:
seem its vague still.
What do you guys do to help 360's air circulation and preventing RROD.
I've had my 360, falcon, for over 6 months. No RROD there, and nothing special done really.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Applies to any version of 360 (actually any console that can potentially heat up, a.k.a. all of them):
Place the console at least 30cm away from an object (wall, TV, etc). Otherwise hot air from exhaust will flow back to the console's air intake which isn't going to help it cool down at all.

Instead of focusing on getting hot air out, try supplying cool air. It's as simple as opening a window and running a fan in front of it so it blows outside air to your 360's air intake. Make the fan rotate and it'll double as a fan (uh.. well) for you too.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Soopy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have had my xbox 360 since launch. has been working great with ZERO problems, and i usually keep it on 4-5 hours at a time.

just make sure there is a good amount of space in back of the 360 so it has room to breath.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i keep mine on a perfectly sized bakers rack. no kidding. didn't help my first one though..still got RROD after about 5 months. I've had this almost 5 months now so we'll see.

i read somewhere that it's at 16% now down from 33% but that not including people that have done x clamp and never reported the rlod.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt the piracy population globally is above 1/3 of the whole.
Some pirates buy a new one when they get RROD, or do a private (as in non-Microsoft authorized) fix.

So the worst case is like 1/3 of entire 360 users being pirates, and 1/3 of them getting RROD. That only adds 9% to 16%, 25% is still considerably less than 33%. (And since RROD rate including RRODs of hack-firmwared 360 are less than 33%, you can't add 9% anyway.. Oh quite confusing)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs