Homebrew Majora's Mask, Wii64/VC

bceagles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Please tell me if this isn't in the right place, haha)

Okay, so here's what's happened.

I installed Majora's Mask via WAD, right? So I get the VC version which obviously is more reliable than Wii64 or something like that.

My issue is, though, that since I need to start the game in a very specific place (for those of you who have played, during/right before Ikana Canyon), and I was lucky enough to find a sole GameFaqs save that was right where I needed it (http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/959052-the-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask/saves), but for some reason the saves either won't transfer to my Wii or just won't work at all.

This is happening with all the saves for this game that I've tried.

(I have an NTSC Wii)

If I try an NTSC Majora's Mask save, 9/10 times it won't transfer to my Wii from my SD card and say "The data may not have been copied."

If I try a PAL Majora's Mask save, 10/10 times it WILL transfer to my Wii, but won't DO ANYTHING.

frown.gif
Can someone help?

I should also note that in the meantime, I've been looking for a Wii64-compatible Majora's Mask save in about the same place... because if I can't start where I want in the VC version, I might as well try Wii64, you know?

PS: I can't use a computer emulator because my computer is t3h sux.

I'd love you forever if I could get these saves to work.

rich333

Trophies
XP
Country
If the PAL Save installs, Try Installing a PAL wad for the game. Might be an easy fix.

There is prob some way to convert the sav file to a compatible format to then be uploaded with something like SaveGame Manger GX - but i've never needed to do that before so I dont know.

I am wondering tho... why do you need the save from that exact spot?

bceagles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, I need it from that exact spot because since I beat the game as a child, we've only owned the Collector's Edition Zelda - and that almost always reset constantly during Ikana Canyon. The reason I need it specifically now is because my (silly) little brother is actually offering me money to get it
tongue.gif
haha

But thanks, I'll try.

bceagles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I've paid for it twice. Collector's Edition Zelda for the GameCube, and I bought the original way back in the day on the N64.

My little brother really wanted to play it, so hey, I thought, might as well get him the version that doesn't have random save issues, you know? Ironic, I know.

Anyway, fixed it! I checked COPY FLAGS on Gecko, rebooted the Wii, saves went through, and everything works. Yay.

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
No idea what the problem is. My saves work fine, and it's a "non-payed" version. Though, I do technically have right to it, seeing as how I have the original game cartridge (the gold, holographic one
biggrin.gif
) but no N64.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.