Majoras Mask WAD (from Collectors Edition) Possible?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by flame6753, Apr 19, 2009.

1. flame6753
    OP

Newcomer flame6753 Advanced Member

United States
    Hey guys. I already know that the NTSC majoras mask has been injected into the PAL majoras mask WAD. However, I wanted to know if this is possible:

-A long time ago, somebody extracted the actual N64 rom of Ocarina of Time: Master Quest from the game Cube ocarina of time bonus disk. I can tell that it came from the game cube disk because the command button is green instead of blue, and it is in English.

So, I was wondering if this meant that we can extract roms from the gamecube game: Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition.
    I know that the gamecube version of majoras mask is glitchy, but I believe that is only because of the emulator Nintendo was using. If played on the
    Wii virtual console emulator, I think it would run perfectly. I think it'd be nice to have that version of the rom in a wad (A button is green and Z is replaced with L)

Is this possible?

2. LeonardoGolden

Member LeonardoGolden GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You can just play the NTSC wad with the GameCube controller, you know...
    L is Z in the VC version too.

3. flame6753
    OP

United States
    Not exactly what I mean. I know the input is the same, but I'm talking about the interface. Like, on the new WAD it still says press Z. But on the gamecube version it says L.

4. stev418

Member stev418 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    yes there is the gamecube version rom around, but the fact is the gamecube version is buggy emulation, sound/freezes/slowdowns. The VC version of MM as very nice [​IMG]

just thinking about it though, it may play differently in the VC, not much use to me as im PAL and it was only released 60hz, give me a bit and ill take a look [​IMG]

5. Dinoguy

Member Dinoguy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    this is a bit unrelated but are the games in the GC disk ocarina of time and masterquest actual n64 roms or gc games made to look like ocarina/masterquest? its the game with the masterquest bonus disk not the collectors edition

I'm asking since the gc version in the game had better graphics.

6. stev418

Australia
    they are N64 roms, although from what i remember the were higher res then standard n64 version

7. flame6753
    OP

United States
    so do you know where I can find an extracted rom for majoras mask, so i can test an injection?

8. Dinoguy

United States
    I think the only way to extract the rom is with a scrubber.And I think he was answering my question.

While we're on the subject what would happen if someone replaced the roms in the iso with lets say another game like banjo kazooie/dk 64,will it crash?

9. flame6753
    OP

United States
    that's interesting, I know the emulator from the collectors edition is very different from the virtual console one. It would probably crash, since the virtual console is superior to the zelda emulator

10. Dinoguy

United States
    I thought it was the other way around since its a game disk ,but your probaly right.

11. Mark McDonut

Member Mark McDonut GBAtemp Fan

United States

it's actually been done and repacked into an iso that runs in gamecube mode that i found on irc a month or 2 ago, i think it uses GCOS, if you're interested in it search for N64.multi-game.disk.for.Wii.works.on.both.pal.and.ntsc.rar it's got Duke Nukem 64, Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards, Legend Of Zelda - Majora's Mask, Legend Of Zelda - Ocarina Of Time, Mace - The Dark Age, Mario Kart 64, Pilotwings 64, Star Fox 64, Star Soldier Vanishing Earth, Super Mario 64 and Wave Race 64.

12. stev418

Australia
    only a few played using this method, mario kart and mario 64 were about the only REAL playable ones

13. flame6753
    OP

United States
    So far everyone, the gamecube version of majoras mask works but has no picture and then crashes. I'll look into it further.