Majora's Mask 3DS listed on Spanish retailer website

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Tokiopop, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Tokiopop
    OP

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    A website that somewhat often leaks stuff by way of adding items to their store ahead of announcements ( last month for a vita version of Assassin’s Creed: Rising Phoenix ) has recently added Majora's Mask 3DS to their store. It would not be the first time a company has added a placeholder to their store but equally it would not be the first time a retailer has added such a title to their store ahead of an announcement.

http://www.xtralife.es/nintendo-3ds/zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d/8569

Check the "Productos relacionados con Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D" part of the page, just below the game info. Majora's Mask should be there (if it isn't refresh a few times until it is). The link just redirects to the home page, for now though.

Not sure if I should be counting my cuccos yet, but I'm getting hyped.

[​IMG]
    The above image is a screenshot
    Source

2. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    It's not likely at all, Nintendo has even said that the next Zelda 3DS handheld game will be a completely new entry in the series. These kind of things happens all the time, websites like this one base their listings on rumors.

3. Tokopimv

Newcomer Tokopimv Advanced Member

Netherlands
    hmmm... it is indeed on the website, but the boxart doesn't look very convincing to me... next to that, this website also lists pokemon x and y and super smash bros for 3ds, so it's probably fake.

4. duffmmann

Member duffmmann GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Are you trolling or really completely unaware that those games were announced already. Pokemon X and Y are indeed coming out this October, and the next Super Smash game is going to be released on both the 3DS and Wii U with some sort of connectivity planned between the two. These have been officially announced by Nintendo and in the case of X and Y a trailer and a couple of teasers have already been released.

Now whether or not the Majora's Mask info is true, remains to be seen. Nintendo has been mentioning the idea of the game a lot. Stating lots of things. One thing is certain the team that made OOT 3D isn't the team that makes new Zelda titles. Meaning that while a new Zelda is being made it is entirely possible that the Majora's Mask 3D remake is being made in congruent with it. Its important to note that Nintendo has released multiple Zelda's in the same year, and even on the same date for the same platform (in the case of Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons). So I would love to see the official announcement tomorrow, but we'll see.

5. dragonblood9999

Member dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Majora's Mask 3d is there but if you click on it, it goes to the main page. I also saw Super Smash Brothers 3d.

6. Tokiopop
    OP

United Kingdom
    A SSB game has been announced for the 3DS, so they're probably just using that as a placement cover.

7. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    This is not news. Retailers list all sorts of crazy stuff.

gamefan5 likes this.
  8. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Image is broken, and this has been done before by retailers, and hell, wasn't it a couple months ago someone saw in the source for a N.Direct "Majora's Mask".

But I'll be honest, if Nintendo did release all of their big 3DS news for Nintendo Direct and made the E3 nothing but WiiU. I would be impressed and happy.

9. Tokiopop
    OP

United Kingdom
    Like the Nexus 7 3 weeks before release, like this site did?

10. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    >old
    >rumor
    >done before
    >not news
    >no backing proof

11. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    You're unnecessarily winding up expectations without any proof whatsoever. This is not a legitimate source - Nintendo is, and when they say it's in the works, it's in the works.

12. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
  13. Rizsparky

Member Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

United Kingdom
    I read somewhere that it's been up since December...

14. Tokiopop
    OP

United Kingdom
    It's news AND discussion. ;)

IF this is released, I wonder if they'll try patching glitches like they did in OoT 3DS. The most hilarious one is probably the Bottom-of-the-well-as-child glitch, which they tried patching by putting a big rock at the bottom of the well. Except that rock mysteriously vanishes at night, making the glitch still possible.

15. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    This is two threads about the exact same thing and it's been reported. ;)

Don't get me wrong, it's great to be excited and I'll be happy for you if the game is indeed annouced, but c'mon.

16. duffmmann

United States
    Whether or not the Majora's Mask info is true, remains to be seen. Nintendo has been mentioning the idea of the game a lot. Stating lots of things. One thing is certain the team that made OOT 3D isn't the team that makes new Zelda titles. Meaning that while a new Zelda is being made it is entirely possible that the Majora's Mask 3D remake is being made in congruent with it. It's important to note that Nintendo has released multiple Zelda titles in the same year, even on the same date for the same platform (in the case of Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons). So I would love to see the official announcement tomorrow, but we'll see.

But yeah, I'm not holding my breath. It will happen eventually, I'm sure, but like you and Nintendo have stated they want a new title out before MM. Still no reason they both couldn't come out next year if they really wanted to.

17. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    >super smash brothers BRAWL 3DS

yeah okay

18. duffmmann

United States
    Clearly just a placeholder for whatever the new Smash game will be titled. But I get your point.

19. Arras

Member Arras ★02

Netherlands
    The discussion can be in the news thread though.

20. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    I know grezzo did OoT 3D, but according to Nintendo it doesn't seem right to release one remake after another just like that, the next Zelda will be a new entry. LoZ:MM3D is just in the idea stage.