Hacking Majora's Mask 3DS coming out earlier than I thought; is it likely to have 9.2 or below?

dronesplitter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a ninjhax user that isn't really interested in getting a Gateway. Since MM 3DS is coming out on February 13th, is there a really good chance then that the cartridges were produced with 9.2 firmware or below? I'm thinking that will be the case now.

EDIT: I was right! Didn't have to update from 9.2 to play this :)

dronesplitter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninjhax didn't come with the hassle of worrying about having an emunand/sysnand setup and it was $5 to try out stuff like custom themes and doom 3ds. Gateway is just trouble in my view, but that's just me. I understand lots of people wouldn't agree with what I want out of my 3DS but I am not paying what Gateway is charging for homebrew.

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Would updating from the cart while in emunand mode alter the sysnand? I know Gateway advises to only update from within the settings menu, just curious

Also, buying it for the limited edition feelies and then dumping and playing it via GW is an option too. I did that with all my original 3DS games so I wouldn't have to go back and forth between classic and gateway mode.

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would updating from the cart while in emunand mode alter the sysnand? I know Gateway advises to only update from within the settings menu, just curious

Also, buying it for the limited edition feelies and then dumping and playing it via GW is an option too. I did that with all my original 3DS games so I wouldn't have to go back and forth between classic and gateway mode.
Probably not the right place but why did you have to switch between classic and gateway mode? Other than DevMenu I am not sure of the differences between classic and Gateway mode.

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Probably not the right place but why did you have to switch between classic and gateway mode? Other than DevMenu I am not sure of the differences between classic and Gateway mode.

Original cartridges only run in classic mode (I might have the name wrong, haven't used it in a while), Gateway games only work in gateway mode. And sysnand is 4.5 while some original games require a higher firmware, so it's right out.

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original cartridges only run in classic mode (I might have the name wrong, haven't used it in a while), Gateway games only work in gateway mode. And sysnand is 4.5 while some original games require a higher firmware, so it's right out.
Ah, I don't own a gateway so I've only used classic off MT Card (only way to run emunand without a card) so I didn't know, thanks for the heads up!

jumpo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Majora's Mask is my favourite Zelda game and one of my all time favourite games. Will be definitely picking it up day 1, but if it's higher than 9.2 I'm not going to be able to play it on my n3ds if gateway hasn't put out the update right? :(

Reactions: Kelton2
D

Deleted User

Local EB/Gamestop sold out before they even opened here on the west coast :(

However BB has them for pre-order shipped now. (for those who care)

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there must be someone here who works at ebgames, best buy etc.

have u received the shipment of New3DSs yet? If so can't u just open one up and check the FW? Just tape the box back together, no one will know

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Majora's Mask is my favourite Zelda game and one of my all time favourite games. Will be definitely picking it up day 1, but if it's higher than 9.2 I'm not going to be able to play it on my n3ds if gateway hasn't put out the update right? :(
Update will almost certainly be out before the middle of February. In my estimation, anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8