Gaming Majora's mask 1.1 very glitchy

LittleFlame

Local Bruh.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So i've been noticing a few really really annoying bugs and some funny ones as well
i'll be honest i'm not that good with the goron roll so the Goht section of "Child's Play" was a hell for me not just because of the suckiness but because the chests would send me all sorts of directions sometimes i go straight through 'em other times they just launch me back and other times they just launch me into the air!
Also you know how you need a boss key to enter the boss room?
well in Stone Tower i got into the boss room without the key and when i failed the portal opened up so i could teleport to it signalling that i beat it
i own a legit copy of the game on cartridge
Did you guys have similair glitches or just glitches in general?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I experienced zero glitches start to finish, and that was with collecting every item, heart piece, and mask on top of completing the main story. If there's an update now, of course, I didn't have that since I bought and beat the game shortly after launch.

LittleFlame

Local Bruh.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I experienced zero glitches start to finish, and that was with collecting every item, heart piece, and mask on top of completing the main story. If there's an update now, of course, I didn't have that since I bought and beat the game shortly after launch.

really? well i'm still pretty far from 100% from the top of my head its Great Bay Temple fairy's
Stone tower Fairy's
8 hearts
2 bottles

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Exactly the same here.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
v1.1 for Majora's Mask 3D?
Exactly what has been changed and for what region was this update released?

As far as I can tell the update was released for all regions. Assuming you have the game installed, you can find it in the eShop via the settings - > updates menu. If it's a cartridge, it should prompt you to update it when you go to boot it up while your 3DS is connected to the internet.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing beyond intentional glitching/sequence breaking. I hope the patch doesn't mess with bottle adventures and the insanely easy sequence breaking.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As far as I can tell the update was released for all regions. Assuming you have the game installed, you can find it in the eShop via the settings - > updates menu. If it's a cartridge, it should prompt you to update it when you go to boot it up while your 3DS is connected to the internet.
Oh I wan't aware of it, haven't played it in days, when was it released?
So far, this is what I gathered form the v1.1 update:

Update Details:
Ver.1.1. [Released 2/27/2015]

• Fixed the issue in which an “ERROR!****” message appears in-game.
  • Fixed the issue in which users become unable to swing their swords after playing at Honey and Darling’s Shop.
  • Adjustments have been made to make for a more fun gaming experience.
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14355

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are the patch notes, in case you weren't aware.
Update Details:

Ver.1.1. [Released 2/27/2015]
  • Fixed the issue in which an “ERROR!****” message appears in-game
  • Fixed the issue in which users become unable to swing their swords after playing at Honey and Darling’s Shop
  • Adjustments have been made to make for a more fun gaming experience

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing beyond intentional glitching/sequence breaking. I hope the patch doesn't mess with bottle adventures and the insanely easy sequence breaking.
v1.0 is still gonna be used for speedruns.

Version 1.1

Released 2/27/2015, version 1.1 was released to fix various issues with the game to make it more "enjoyable". Changes that have been noted are as follows:
  • Fixed a glitch with the Honey & Darling minigame where the Ocarina would be placed on B
  • Fixed a softlock with the bank
  • Fixed ESS bottle duping over masks
Source: http://zeldaspeedruns.com/mm3d/knowledge/versions

well in Stone Tower i got into the boss room without the key and when i failed the portal opened up so i could teleport to it signalling that i beat it

Mind posting how you got passed the boss key for Stone Tower for speedrun purposes.
Yeah, the portal does activate if you fail the boss battle or beat it. No worries.

Reactions: osaka35
D

Deleted User

i have the same trouble, but when climbing platforms
sometimes the camera goes crazy and it messes up the directions on the circle pad too ( up suddenly goes goes right instead of forward, etc. that happens even when the camera was fixed the whole time )
lots of lags and other random stuff too, you're not alone

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you're not sucky at goron rolling. its just that its much harder with the sensitive 3ds circle pad. the gc controller, the n64 one both had those notches at the very top that made it really easy to have the goron roll perfectly straight. the 3ds on the other hand doesnt and it picks up on the slightest movement of the pad, forcing you to adjust your rolling when you try to go straight, making it easy to overcompensate and mess up entirely.
also, since you now have to press a button to stop the rolling, instead of the old way where you just had to let go of the rolling button, you may roll over an edge when you really just wanted to stop.

LittleFlame

Local Bruh.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mind posting how you got passed the boss key for Stone Tower

in Stone Tower i got into the boss room without the key​

About that i litterely have no clue i went into stone tower on day one (7 pm i believe)
and i spent the first day almost completing it but then i had no way to continue as i could not find the last key i could get into the hallway into the bossroom though and i just tried it for the lolz and then i actually removed the lock from the door my brother made a copy of the save using "Powersave" or something i could ask him to upload it for me when he gets home (brother is ShinyLatios)

you're not sucky at goron rolling. its just that its much harder with the sensitive 3ds circle pad. the gc controller, the n64 one both had those notches at the very top that made it really easy to have the goron roll perfectly straight. the 3ds on the other hand doesnt and it picks up on the slightest movement of the pad, forcing you to adjust your rolling when you try to go straight, making it easy to overcompensate and mess up entirely.
also, since you now have to press a button to stop the rolling, instead of the old way where you just had to let go of the rolling button, you may roll over an edge when you really just wanted to stop.

Also even with C-stick or Cpad pro the camera is really weird sometimes but i always sucked at it tbh i was really dissapointed with the new Zora swim though cause i was awesome at that even with the (still) horrible camera

i have the same trouble, but when climbing platforms
sometimes the camera goes crazy and it messes up the directions on the circle pad too ( up suddenly goes goes right instead of forward, etc. that happens even when the camera was fixed the whole time )
lots of lags and other random stuff too, you're not alone

I don't have any fps issues but the camera is kinda weird sometimes ;p

Also i feel that it should be worth mentioning when i defeated sharp using the song of storms i went in as a zora to see if something was in there and using (R) to swim out faster i bumped into the wall and i instantly pressed a again and i appeared to be doing the flying glitch from the original as i could fly through air shortly but i couldn't find the timing to press A correctly again after 3 times

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just for the future, try not to make 4 posts back to back.
you can click reply on multiple posts to answer multiple posts with one reply.

well i played the game without cppro or n3ds and while i'm almost sure I would have prefered the centering/target button to be on the right side, i didn't have problems with the camera at all. maybe once or twice while trying to target a bat or those birds in ikana canyon, but otherwise.
I mean, its not like n64 or gamecube had special camera controls, so i'm probably used to the simple controls with centering the camera.

as for the boss key, are you sure you never picked it up? you get it after beating that vampire-like midboss. maybe you just forgot you already had it?

LittleFlame

Local Bruh.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
just for the future, try not to make 4 posts back to back.
you can click reply on multiple posts to answer multiple posts with one reply.

well i played the game without cppro or n3ds and while i'm almost sure I would have prefered the centering/target button to be on the right side, i didn't have problems with the camera at all. maybe once or twice while trying to target a bat or those birds in ikana canyon, but otherwise.
I mean, its not like n64 or gamecube had special camera controls, so i'm probably used to the simple controls with centering the camera.

as for the boss key, are you sure you never picked it up? you get it after beating that vampire-like midboss. maybe you just forgot you already had it?

pretty sure i didn't go in every room btw

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This happened for me as well with a legit cartridge, but I do not have 1.1 installed yet. I didn't try without a key, but the portal did open even though I died on my first attempt.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
I ran into a glitch where putting on the Goron mask right after melting the ice off the old Goron caused him to thaw but still act frozen and I could walk through him... but that was on the 1.0 version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool