• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Major Ransomware attack worldwide at the moment.

image.jpeg

looks like the world is being attacked by a very serious Ransomware virus.

so far UK, US, China, Russia, Spain and many more data's being hold to Ransom. its called WannaCry. and affects windows computers.

The infections seem to be deployed via a worm - a program that spreads by itself between computers.

Most other malicious programmes rely on humans to spread by tricking them into clicking on an attachment harbouring the attack code.

By contrast, once WannaCry is inside an organisation it will hunt down vulnerable machines and infect them too.

Some experts say the attack may have been built to exploit a weakness in Microsoft systems that had been identified by the NSA and given the name EternalBlue.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39901382

Last edited by Chary,

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lol. @Trashnux elitists once again, this doesn't affect Windows end-users so spread your trolling and fake news elsewhere. Some non-technologically firm companies will have to deal with that potentially when they don't update their systems, nobody else. So no, because of that nobody will drop Windows in favor of some other OS. :rolleyes:

Reactions: FateForWindows

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol. @Trashnux elitists once again, this doesn't affect Windows end-users so spread your trolling and fake news elsewhere. Some non-technologically firm companies will have to deal with that potentially when they don't update their systems, nobody else. So no, because of that nobody will drop Windows in favor of something else. :rolleyes:
So you're saying that it's "fake news" that this ransomware infection is happening, and in reality all these companies aren't getting hit?

Last edited by GerbilSoft,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm saying what my post says if you knew how to read so re-read it. ;)
Oh right, I remember you now. I shall now disregard your posts because you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about, and probably think "GPT" and "MBR" are evil Linux things made by your precious college students or something.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This definitely affects end users.. Don't know how you think otherwise..
No it doesn't when you update your OS, duh. People need to inform themselves. Plus, if you still run like Windows XP you clearly don't care that much about anything. It doesn't affect updated Windows 7/8/10.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did I know this would become an OS debate?
The only ones turning this into an OS debate are those who are too insecure in their own choice of software to not throw a temper tantrum anytime something like this happens.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No it doesn't when you update your OS, duh. People need to inform themselves. Plus, if you still run like Windows XP you clearly don't care that much about anything. It doesn't affect updated Windows 7/8/10.
Wrong, it *does* affect updated Windows, and for a simple reason I explained earlier. If a single unpatched machine on a corporate domain gets infected (or a patched machine gets infected in other ways, e.g. email), the ransomware then gets access to credentials that it can then use to spread to other machines on the domain, even if they are patched.

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The only ones turning this into an OS debate are those who are too insecure in their own choice of software to not throw a temper tantrum anytime something like this happens.
I actually thought this was another wave, but then I saw date and I'm like:
OH yeah this post, where are the windows/Linux master race kids complaining?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM