imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't normally complain, but it is literally unplayable. Every time I tap the D-pad to walk in a direction, it takes 3 seconds to respond, and this happens all the time, there isn't one time where the game plays at normal speed on wi-fi. I tried both continental and worldwide and i get exactly the same problem, also I tried going very close to my wireless router and it didn't change anything. What's going on?

TwinBlades

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys its the game not the wifi. (Says in gamespot somewhere) Also for me when ever I play worldwide it works like as if Im on single. I live in Canada as well.

The_JetSetBeat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinBlades said:
Guys its the game not the wifi. (Says in gamespot somewhere) Also for me when ever I play worldwide it works like as if Im on single. I live in Canada as well.

That makes no sense. If it was the game, then why would Worldwide be better than Continental? The game is still connecting to Nintendo WiFi in the same manner either way. Don't believe everything you read on Gamespot (of all places).

Are you sure you weren't playing "Invite" rather than "Visit" when you tried Worldwide? If you were playing Invite, you were hosting, and of course you're not going to get lag if you're hosting. A lot of people don't seem to be understanding that.

--

GhostToast

Trophies
Website
whatthephoto.com
XP
Country
United States
on a slightly related issue (ok barely),
is anyone else getting slow-downs when there is a lot of activity on screen? i'm wondering if its just the game, or if my microSD card sucks (noticed the same thing at times during GTA:CW), or if maybe i just need to reformat it. i'm nervous to try to reformat it.

Ventus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also receive rather annoying lags whilst running around in vastly crowded areas where a lot of actions take place at the same time.
But that happens with a lot of real DS-carts as well. Such as Lost Magic and Ring of Fates, so I wouldn't be too worried.
smile.gif

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
GhostToast said:
on a slightly related issue (ok barely),
is anyone else getting slow-downs when there is a lot of activity on screen? i'm wondering if its just the game, or if my microSD card sucks (noticed the same thing at times during GTA:CW), or if maybe i just need to reformat it. i'm nervous to try to reformat it.

Why would you be NERVOUS to format your card? Just BACKUP everything on it, and format it. Use SDFormatter V2.0

Dragonmasta666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the game has framerate issues during more intense scenes. I play online with my buddy all the time and our lag is no more than a quarter second at most. Its pretty responsive.

TwinBlades

Trophies
XP
Country
The_JetSetBeat said:
TwinBlades said:

That makes no sense. If it was the game, then why would Worldwide be better than Continental? The game is still connecting to Nintendo WiFi in the same manner either way. Don't believe everything you read on Gamespot (of all places).

Are you sure you weren't playing "Invite" rather than "Visit" when you tried Worldwide? If you were playing Invite, you were hosting, and of course you're not going to get lag if you're hosting. A lot of people don't seem to be understanding that.

--
Its the game! Do you see everyone else running around smoothly while you dont? Do you see the background of the bottom screen moving smoothly (those little figures go across the screen)? Its delay in the game not the wifi. Also thats not lag if you see those happening, its when everyone freezes for a bit and hard to play = lag not when everyone else is playing fine and moving smoothly = delay
lecture.gif

The_JetSetBeat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinBlades said:
Its the game! Do you see everyone else running around smoothly while you dont? Do you see the background of the bottom screen moving smoothly (those little figures go across the screen)? Its delay in the game not the wifi. Also thats not lag if you see those happening, its when everyone freezes for a bit and hard to play = lag not when everyone else is playing fine and moving smoothly = delay
lecture.gif

Have you just never played games online or something before FFCC:ETO?
blink.gif

Lag most certainly CAN look like people "moving smoothly"; you're just not seeing it right when they're trying to do so. Lag also can be when you try to move and aren't able to for a certain amount of time (as is the case with FFCC). Street Fighter IV is a great recent example of this, where it's very difficult to pull off combos and quick reaction moves because when the game lags, it can cause your inputs to show after you actually do so.

Lag doesn't always look like people freezing or "jittering". Play a few more games online and experience the different ways that lag looks before believing that the game itself is the problem (again, even though it works fine for both local wireless play and for the person hosting the game).

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's a bit better now, I've noticed it's improved after the first few wi-fi matches. Also when I invite people to my world, I experience almost no lag at all, however when I visits someone else's, the lag varies from playable to terrible

The_JetSetBeat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imz said:
It's a bit better now, I've noticed it's improved after the first few wi-fi matches. Also when I invite people to my world, I experience almost no lag at all, however when I visits someone else's, the lag varies from playable to terrible

Again, of course you don't get lag when you're the host.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM