Major help with wii hacking

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ShadyUser, Jun 25, 2009.

Jun 25, 2009
  1. ShadyUser
    OP

Newcomer ShadyUser Newbie

United States
    Ok, so I'm not exactly new to this hacking thing, I have the homebrew channel installed and I am using the gamma loader to run backups of games, but I didn't think it could get much better than that so after I got the backuploader I kinda left.

I came across a youtube video not too long ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRrzCgNCAPk&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gbatemp.net%2Flofiversion%2Findex.php%2Ft150073-50.html&feature=player_embedded
    And I was wondering how this guy did all this, I was looking around and I saw he had channels of actual games on his wii (or at least, that's what it looks like) I am sorry if there is a guide for this already out but I looked around the Wii hacking and wii backuploder forums but I couldn't find anything that teachers you how to do that (Or maybe I just didn't see it, I'm not very good with "hacking" terms and there were a lot of topics that I just could not understand.

I can probably figure out how to do the background thing (custom System Menu right?) I can find a guide for that on my own I just want to know if you needed the USB loader to install the "game channels" or if there was another method of doing that. If it is the USB loader I might have to invest in an external hard drive...

If anyone could give me a point in the right direction your help would be VERY appreciated, and I'm sorry for posting another noob topic on these already full boards ^^"

2. Reboot

Member Reboot GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They are probably just wiiware games and virtual console games.
    Download the wad files and install them.

Edit: didn't watch the vid, blocked here at work :x

3. ShadyUser
    OP

United States
    Oh, no they are actual games, I saw no more heroes and House of the Dead and a few others I know how to install wad files I was just wondering how he got the games on there.

4. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Its not the actual games just the opening images from the games.

When you insert a real disc into the wii and what you see in the disc channel is what he has installed.
    Doing it this way requires you have the game installed on the hard drive or sd card.Its just a shortcut so he doesnt have to use a loader program or go into the homebrew channel to start anything.

Do a search for it on google or on this board i know its been posted numerous times.
    I do not know how to do it.To me its a waste of space because each one will eat up the wiis internal memory and its just a shortcut is all.

5. ShadyUser
    OP

United States
    I looked on google, I actually got a reply from the guy that made that youtube video so I think I got it figured out, thanks!

6. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium