Major GONLINE Numbering Issue

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by 5uck3rpunch, Feb 2, 2005.

1. 5uck3rpunch
    OP

5uck3rpunch Surf Monster!

Feb 20, 2004
    United States
    Texas - USA
    Hey all,

Something I noticed with the GONLINE section ever since the new site is up. I have always came to GBATemp to get all the latest listings for all my GBA needs. I have followed only this numbering system that is used here. (other sites like ADVANsCEne have a differnet numbering system - http://www.retrocovers.com/advanscene/). I check the site for new ROMS & then use Emule (http://www.emule-project.net/) to aquire them thru the search feature. I never had an issue finding anything immediately. After getting the files, I copy & paste the EXACT name & number from this site to change the name of them to clean them up.
    I noticed now that the numbering system is off or changed somewhere because I cannot find the ROMS by searching for the name & number posted here on the site. I looked back & compared the names & numbers from the ROMS that I have on DVD now with GONLINE & noticed that somehow the numbering & names changed on a few ROMS starting, from what I can see, at number 1833 - Onmyou Taisenki Zeroshiki.
    I dunno if something got messed up with the numbering or coding for GONLINE or if it was read from someone's ROM set that was numbered incorrectly. Like I said, I got all my numbering & names right from this site & now they changed & the ROM numbering seems to be off on all of the new ROMS. Can someone check into this because I think the numbering will be incorrect from here on out for some reason. Am I the only one that noticed this?

Thanx In Advance

2. Lily

Lily One Scary Lady

Former Staff
    Jun 18, 2004
    Canada
    British Columbia
    GBAtemp has used the same release numbering as PocketHeaven. They differ starting at 1864 - PocketHeaven and GBAtemp have the order of 1864 & 1865 reversed, and GBAtemp's recognition of 1866 is not recognized by PocketHeaven, meaning we're now one number ahead of the 'official' list.

3. 5uck3rpunch
    OP

5uck3rpunch Surf Monster!

Feb 20, 2004
    United States
    Texas - USA
    Thanx for clarifying that. I thought I was going nuts....