Hacking MAIO: Moonshell All-in-One for R4s

Phil242

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Some news of MAIO for r4isdhc card ?
Even with all the tricks described over here, rename, change .ini with hextool etc. no way : "Loading" or a cropped malfunctioning Wood kernel (means Moonshell didn't start).
I have a R4i Silver RTS Lite 2013 from www.r4isdhc.com.

I know how to play with hexeditor, read stack crash and a little of ARM assembly with IDA, if I can try something if I can be driven and post some log & debug stuff. But I'm n00b in NDS world (but not in hacking world :ph34r:).

My card work nice with Wood 1.62 & 1.70, but I need to run Moonshell by hand, and I'm lazy (my son too :-) ).

Thanx

Phil

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to set this up on an R4 clone (the gateway blue card to be exact) and I'm having some problems. First, I tried renaming everything that would be overwritten, and tested it out. It errored. So thinking it was the Moonshl.nds file, I replaced it with my old, working one. I got another error. So then I backed up the moonshl2 folder, and renamed it correctly. Now the folder has vanished, but if I try putting another moonshl2 folder on there, it's obviously still on the card, as it asked me if I want to merge and overwrite stuff. So now I've reformatted my card and am trying again. Also having trouble with returning to firmware from moonshell.

Mikalel

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
does this works for 3ds ver 11.5 ? im using r4sdhc gold pro 2016 but it doesnt load when i try to load it it just reebot my console and i know that cuz if i hold select while booting the r4 its come up with luma stuff

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are commercial ROMs meant to be supported? Some posts in here suggests that it does, yet it doesn't actually work, and there doesn't appear to be an extlink for nds files specifically. Am I supposed to grab them from lactlib and configure the ROMs separately?

Also, where are the source files for the "Xenon++ fix" version? The version number seems to be different from official Moonshell, so there's something modified?

I think I figured it out. Had to look at CannonFoddr's page instead. overlay.dll was the missing piece to the puzzle.

Last edited by lifehackerhansol,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them