Maintenance

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Devin, Jan 29, 2012.

Jan 29, 2012

Maintenance by Devin at 10:25 PM (878 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Devin
    OP

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    I took a look at my 360, and saw the case was pretty filthy. So grabbed some cloths, some bleach, and got to work. After a good scrubbing, it looks like it did out of the box. Then I decided to go the full mile, and grabbed some compressed air. To clean out the inside components. The whole thing now runs a lot smoother. I also see a difference in Temperatures in FSD. Question is; How often do you clean out your 360?

Here are a few pictures of mine, because I felt like posting some. ^_^ I'm also thinking about doing a case mod. Any suggestions?.. (Or places to buy premade ones?)

Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    Pretty nice temps Dev!
    My Falcon runs at about the same temps.

I clean it whenever I update the DVD drive to the latest hacked FW.

3. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    [​IMG]

White 360:
    360 Pro, Falcon RGH with a 500 GB HDD

Black 360:
    360 Elite, Kronos flashed with LT 3.0 + 120 GB HDD

[​IMG]

Falcon with the Fan mod + fangrill.
    I also have cut out the back fanmesh for extra airflow and I'm wanting to put heatsinks on the RAM chips.

1 person likes this.
  4. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I don't really bother to clean mine too much. Wipe the surface dust of it when I notice it and clean the 120mm fan grill/filter when I can be bothered (have 120mm intake instead of dvd). Apart from that I leave it alone, I keep close eye on my temps though, so if I notice any significant increases, then it'll get opened and cleaned properly.

5. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    I used to give it a blast of compressed air every time I opened it up to reflash it. Since I got my slim though it's never been opened.
    Kinda miss getting games the second they hit the net but at the same time I like buying them as I play each one through before starting the next.