Maintenance

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Devin, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Devin
    OP

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

GBAtemp Patron
    Devin is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    I took a look at my 360, and saw the case was pretty filthy. So grabbed some cloths, some bleach, and got to work. After a good scrubbing, it looks like it did out of the box. Then I decided to go the full mile, and grabbed some compressed air. To clean out the inside components. The whole thing now runs a lot smoother. I also see a difference in Temperatures in FSD. Question is; How often do you clean out your 360?

Here are a few pictures of mine, because I felt like posting some. ^_^ I'm also thinking about doing a case mod. Any suggestions?.. (Or places to buy premade ones?)

Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    Pretty nice temps Dev!
    My Falcon runs at about the same temps.

I clean it whenever I update the DVD drive to the latest hacked FW.

3. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    [​IMG]

White 360:
    360 Pro, Falcon RGH with a 500 GB HDD

Black 360:
    360 Elite, Kronos flashed with LT 3.0 + 120 GB HDD

[​IMG]

Falcon with the Fan mod + fangrill.
    I also have cut out the back fanmesh for extra airflow and I'm wanting to put heatsinks on the RAM chips.

1 person likes this.
  4. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    I don't really bother to clean mine too much. Wipe the surface dust of it when I notice it and clean the 120mm fan grill/filter when I can be bothered (have 120mm intake instead of dvd). Apart from that I leave it alone, I keep close eye on my temps though, so if I notice any significant increases, then it'll get opened and cleaned properly.

5. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    I used to give it a blast of compressed air every time I opened it up to reflash it. Since I got my slim though it's never been opened.
    Kinda miss getting games the second they hit the net but at the same time I like buying them as I play each one through before starting the next.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice