Main Processor destroyed?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by JN_big3, Oct 10, 2011.

Oct 10, 2011

Main Processor destroyed? by JN_big3 at 11:40 AM (589 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. JN_big3
    OP

Member JN_big3 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Hi Guys, I have a black Wii that I recently bought on March 2011. I haven't played it for 1 month because of school related problems. I was trying to play Mario Kart Wii on m Wii but when I turn on my Wii nothing shows up on my Wii. So I thought it was brick because 2 months from that day I softmodded my Wii. So I tried to let my uncle fix my Wii. He said that the Main Processor was destroyed that caused the corruption of files on my Wii. So Will the shop that I bought from still replace my Wii because it has a one year warranty. Also, What caused the problem of the Processor???

2. Aijelsop

Newcomer Aijelsop Question Asker

United States
    No sorry. Once you softmod you void the warranty. Do you have brick protection, like bootmii, or priiloader?

3. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    You can't simply destroy a processor when soft modding your Wii. So he is probably exaggerating, or he doesn't really know what he is talking about. Anyway, just play stupid at the shop, "I have no idea how this is possible, but it doesn't work anymore!" And try to get yourself a new one.

1 person likes this.
  4. JN_big3
    OP

Member JN_big3 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Thanks for the quick reply. But I've seen people sent their fully bricked Wii to Nintendo and gets away from it. They say that they got away because there is no chance for Nintendo to see Homebrew because it's fully bricked. Anyway, Is there a chance of fixing it?

5. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    that’s not necessarily true
    it depends on local law

here in germany are two types of warranty
    normal warranty (ger: Garantie) that anyone can offer on there own terms (mostly used by manufacturers for their products)
    and a mandatory warranty (ger: Gewaehrleistung) that is by law in effect between all buyers and commercial sellers to the terms of the law
    imho+ianal: unless they can prove that the softmod (or something else you did) was the cause they would not be able to weasel out of it

afaik there are similar laws in other places even if not everyone knows them
    iirc the us has something like it (lasting 30 days, here its basically 6 month)