Hacking Main Menu of Edge (OS 1.4) Seem Finnicky With Stylus?

chr0007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or does using the stylus with them main menu not as sensitive as it should be?

I have roms in folders but sometimes using the stylus to open a folder, there is lag or is nonresponsive.
Using the buttons works fine and in game works fine too with the stylus but the menu doesnt always read stylus hits.

This results in pressing a folder multiple times for it to open sometimes causing a game to load unexpeditly...

Anyone have this problem or is it just me?
unsure.gif

chr0007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else notice this or is it just my particulat cart?

Just seems odd since games work absoultely fine with the stylus just the main Menu which is not consistent....

NiceOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a 4G Kingston with the EDGE kart, and I'm not having any such issues.

Might try re-formatting the SD, and reloading the EDGE OS. Hopefully you backed up your ROM's.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It has happen to me with every firmware ive used, especially in the setting menu, in some place i the setting menu the stylus doesn't even work, but i don't really guess its a big problem, i mean the touch screen works fine in the games themselves.

Echo1

Trophies
XP
Country
It is slightly dodgy but nothing too bad. I would like the EDGE team to fix it though (and add how many files/ROMS are on your card, like the R4DS does) at some point in a future update.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but has anyone figured this out? I'm on firmware 1.42 and the touch screen isn't as responsive as I'd like it to be. The 2 places I have trouble with is the settings menu and the pop-up menu for cheats. The settings isn't as big a deal but the cheats menu is supposed to be a quick thing. Sometimes it takes me 5 tries to get it. I'm using a 4GB Kingston class 4 if that matters at all.

Wideload

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've just noticed this too. Having not had my Edge that long, I previously just navigated down with the + pad assuming the stylus wasn't used. However if I press on the screen really quite hard, it does work

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It seems the new update for EDGE (1.43) has fixed the touch screen issue with the cheat pop-up menu. There's still problems with the settings menu, but that's not nearly as big a deal as the cheats pop-up. So update to the latest version!

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
same results Sportsmaniac1322, the setting menu needs tweaking though especially the boot slot 2 part it doesn't even work there !!!!
I don't think the settings menu is really a problem though. I can just as easily use the d-pad because I barely ever go to the settings menu. The reason I was upset with the cheats pop-up was because it came up with every game I chose and it was supposed to be just a quick tap and the game loads. It was annoying to have to tap it 5 times before it'll recognize it. Now that it's fixed I have no issues!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night