[MaiDump] Disable "not needing double space for installation" feature?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Jao Chu, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Jao Chu
    OP

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Is there a way to turn off MaiDump's "not requiring double space for installation" feature? Like, for example, it copies the game data to the relevant folder for installation without deleting the game data in ux0:mai/

I have a 64 GB memory with ample space and it's really annoying to have to unzip the game data to the mai folder (i transfer my games via mp4 method) to reinstall it again if it isn't working.

Unzip game data from /videos/ to /mai/ --> Install game with maidump --> Game doesn't work --> Try to reinstall as per fix instructions --> Start long process again

There's got to be an easier way. Thanks for reading

2. Zander1995

Zander1995 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2015
    United States
    Transfer it over, then use vitashell to make a copy in a different folder before installing.

3. Jao Chu
    OP

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Yeah, that's what i am doing already, I was just wondering if it's possible to set MaiDump so it doesn't delete game data in the ux0:Mai/ folder.

4. Zander1995

Zander1995 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2015
    United States
    No there isn't a way to disable that that I know of, because the whole point of Maidumps is that it installs like an actual Vita game, only needing as much space as it takes up.

Last edited by Zander1995, Dec 24, 2016
  5. Jao Chu
    OP

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Yeah, i didn't think there was either. Oh well, thanks for the replies anyways.

We large memory card owners will just have to suffer then.