Gaming Mahjongg recommendations

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most of the games are Mahjongg solitaire rather than the competitive version, in fact I do not think there even is an English/non-Japanese competitive version.
Also regarding the Japanese multiplayer versions most are Japanese rules only but I recall some of the Japanese budget range games had some fairly decent options.

As there are several games (all largely the same) I suggest you tap in Mahjong to a naming list (most, but not all, Mahjong games have Mahjong in the title) and try one until you find what you like.

Regarding homebrew I think there are one or two but it is solitaire again.

Xaintrix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kidou Gekidan Haro Ichiza: Gundam Mahjong + Z

I'm not terribly sure about the wi-fi options, but damn is the game fun.

It's basically an SD Gundam joke story framework where you play mahjong to resolve situations. There's loads of collectible mecha and other craft from the Gundam universe which give bonuses to gameplay. From faster super bar generation to extra points.

I was surprised that it's voiced with the actors from the series, and they have funny quips as things happen. They get downcast as they part with a precious dora, or freak out when someone calls a reach early on.

I've had a great time with it.

I am also a fan of the Akagi anime, but unfortunately the DS game really sucks.

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Are you fucking kidding me? An entire thread for this?

One, there have been NUMEROUS posts about this. Did you even bother to fucking look? No, no you didn't.

And what the hell, how hard is it to read some reviews of DS mahjongg games for christ sakes. ITS THE SAME FUCKING GAME! Its not like you are looking for RPG SUGGESTIONS OUT OF 900 GOD DAMN DS RPGS.

Just google, best mahjonng game DS, or go to fucking IGN and search Mahjonng reviews.

What the fuck is wrong with you people. Seriously

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Like Fast said, most "Mahjongg" games are the solitaire version. In fact, the last time I played a real Mahjongg video game was on the original Gameboy, and I don't think it was English either.

Mahjongg isn't banned in the U.S. is it? There has to be a reason why there are never any games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)