OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't you see that that's his intention to get an argument started... To disrupt from the main topic. He is a troll by definition. And even if I was high and mighty or whatever, that has ZERO to do with the topic and talking about it is trolling.

Listen eighty, make a thread and whine about it. But don't disrupt my thread.

eighty4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Don't you see that that's his intention to get an argument started... To disrupt from the main topic. He is a troll by definition. And even if I was high and mighty or whatever, that has ZERO to do with the topic and talking about it is trolling.

This is what I mean by high and mighty, you think of yourself as greater than everyone here. Also, I suggest you read what a troll is. A troll is someone who tries to argue a topic they know is false. Seriously - how can you barely know English and be translating a game to it?

Hitokiri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to block users posts on this message board? I'm interested in Watarukun's updates not some crybaby flooding the forums.
unsure.gif

Pastry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eighty4 said:
WataruKun said:

This is what I mean by high and mighty, you think of yourself as greater than everyone here. Also, I suggest you read what a troll is. A troll is someone who tries to argue a topic they know is false. Seriously - how can you barely know English and be translating a game to it?

Troll - n. - someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

I highly dislike getting into bouts in a forum, but more so when language is misused. So, please just quit. It won't get anyone anywhere.

midniteoctopus

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

eighty4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You go to wikipedia for that? xD

A troll has been around for a much longer span of time then any wiki article and has a completely different meaning. But I love you guys trying, I really do.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pastry said:
eighty4 said:
WataruKun said:

Troll - n. - someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

I highly dislike getting into bouts in a forum, but more so when language is misused. So, please just quit. It won't get anyone anywhere.
Read the definition it describes him well.

Me being high and mighty is off-topic. That is apart of the definition. Are you honestly gonna sit here and tell me that me being high and mighty or not has anything to do with the topic? Yeah, because we know that actually has something to do with my translation.

Is it irrelavent? Yep. I can be as high and mighty or not as I WANT and it would still ALL be irrelavent to the topic.

Is he planning to get an emotional response? He already has.

Trust me, I don't just use words to use them.

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
eighty4 said:

A troll has been around for a much longer span of time then any wiki article and has a completely different meaning. But I love you guys trying, I really do.

Yup, a troll is an ugly brutish humanoid monster from various mythologies, mainly Germanic. completely different meaning. But the context they were using is right. Now, I think we should let this troll - the slang troll rather than the monster - starve.

eighty4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then what would you use words for? It's either that you don't know English properly, or you try to use words without knowing them. Also irrelevant != off topic. Again - go learn English.

How am I planning for an emotional response? I just love seeing someone like you try to reply with the biggest words you can think of.

I also love you have your posse of people who joined in the last month to reply. +1 to you sir.

midniteoctopus

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eighty4 said:

Say whatever you want, but you by many definitions are a troll.
rolleyes.gif

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just ignore him kids. He'll leave soon if you just ignore em'. Keep replying to him and he'll be here for a couple pages
smile.gif

Anyway, I was wondering, would anyone like to see a sort Version 2.2 patch? Basically this patch, but with a lot more of the menus translated(Including the Pokedex and Pokemon descriptions).

midniteoctopus

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually shocked that the mods here don't keep the threads in check like most forums. Anyhoo, what's being currently worked on in your translation, WataruKun?

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WataruKun said:
Just ignore him kids. He'll leave soon if you just ignore em'.

Anyway, I was wondering, would anyone like to see a sort Version 2.2 patch? Basically this patch, but with a lot more of the menus translated(Including the Pokedex and Pokemon descriptions).

Yes please. I'd like to see any progress you've made
biggrin.gif

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
midniteoctopus said:
I'm actually shocked that the mods here don't keep the threads in check like most forums. Anyhoo, what's being currently worked on in your translation, WataruKun?
Well like I said, I might upload a 2.2 patch, which will basically be this, with more of the menus(Such as the Pokedex and Pokemon descriptions) translated. After that, I'll probably release Beta 3 which is planned to go to Ecruteak.

Alonorin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Just ignore him kids. He'll leave soon if you just ignore em'.

I would like to see all of your work eventually
biggrin.gif
How you want to release is really up to you in the end, because I'm sure there would be a lot of people on both sides
tongue.gif

Personally, I would like to see it, gives us more to test, so we can tell you how you're doing
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    my younger brother is forcing me to play with him and my cousins are here *sigh*
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ that Hack a hacked 360 vid was neat, never knew it existed.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I thought it was interesting.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm this video is clickbait
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: nvm this video is clickbait