Magic The Gathering: Hybrids and Deathbringer Liege

Rangent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deathbringer Liege
1) Are MTG hybrids (with the dual color cards, like Deathbringer Liege) considered to be both colors? For instance, Deathbringer Liege is a black/white hybrid, is it considered to be both a white and a black creature?

2a) For the Deathbringer Liege's abilities:
Other white creatures get 1/ 1
Other black creatures get 1/ 1 ...
if the creature is a black/white hybrid, does it get a 2/ 2 bonus?
2b)Does the ability also work on the Deathbringer Liege itself (making it a 5/6 creature)?
2c)If you had multiple Deathbringer Lieges out, would this ability stack (if you had 2 deathbringer lieges out, would there be a 2/ 2 bonus to all white, 2/ 2 to all black, and potentially 4/ 4 to all white/black creatures)?

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Yes.

2a) Good question. Was wondering that this weekend. Doubt it though.
2b) Never thought of it, curious though.
2c) Multiples WOULD stack... but i don't think the 4/4... because of question 2a, which i really doubt would work like that.

Again, not definite... and i prolly shouldn't post, because i really don't know, but those are my assumptions lol.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
1) Yes.

2a) Yes.

2b) No, it says other creatures.

3c) Yes, they would stack. And multicoloured creatures get bonuses that apply to any and all of their colours. So Deathbringer Liege would give another black/white multicoloured creature +2/+2.

Gab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Rangent said:
Deathbringer Liege
1) Are MTG hybrids (with the dual color cards, like Deathbringer Liege) considered to be both colors? For instance, Deathbringer Liege is a black/white hybrid, is it considered to be both a white and a black creature?Yes.
Rangent said:
2a) For the Deathbringer Liege's abilities:
Other white creatures get 1/ 1
Other black creatures get 1/ 1 ...
if the creature is a black/white hybrid, does it get a 2/ 2 bonus?Yes.
Rangent said:
2b)Does the ability also work on the Deathbringer Liege itself (making it a 5/6 creature)?
No. Note says other creatures.QUOTE(Rangent @ Aug 6 2008, 04:25 AM)
2c)If you had multiple Deathbringer Lieges out, would this ability stack (if you had 2 deathbringer lieges out, would there be a 2/ 2 bonus to all white, 2/ 2 to all black, and potentially 4/ 4 to all white/black creatures)?
Yes. and the other Deathbringer Liege gets a +2/+2 from the other one making both 5/6.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night