Mafia II: Definitive Edition headed to the Switch, according to Korean ratings board

header (10).jpg

Yet another early game reveal has snuck out, prior to an official announcement, in the form of Mafia II: Definitive Edition. Everyone's favorite ratings board, the Game Rating and Administration Committee of South Korea has rated Mafia II for release on the Nintendo Switch. The Mafia franchise is owned by 2K Games, who are currently in the process of bringing over both the BioShock and Borderlands series to the Nintendo Switch. Mafia II was originally released on the PlayStation 3, PC, and Xbox 360, back in 2010, and had three DLC packs, which will presumably be included in this upcoming re-release.

:arrow: Source

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One day you think they would make a rule to not release ratings before a game's launch date

Side note: their warning pictures are way more fun than what we get in the west, I am kinda jealous
received_2272801389690546.jpeg

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mafia 3 was a disaster but Mafia 2 was a masterpiece.

Not sure i'd want to play it with switch controls but hey the more people who get to enjoy it the better. The gameplay is on par with GTA but the story is absolutely fantastic.

Reactions: Cosmic_Link

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One day you think they would make a rule to not release ratings before a game's launch date

Side note: their warning pictures are way more fun than what we get in the west, I am kinda jealous
View attachment 202472
Guy being chased by pointy arrows will never not make me laugh. It's funny when Youtubers read the manuals for things, and everything is in another language but the pictures, and that picture is on a lot of them.

Also, nice choice with Mafia 2. Mafia 3 is fucking awful.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Smart thing they went with Mafia II, that game while very short was absolutely brilliant, unlike Mafia III which was shit and only wasted space on your hard drive! Now if only they tweaked the story a bit so you'd stop losing all your money like it normally happens in the story (where you straight up lose your money a good 4 times throughout such as when your house burns down) it would be great:rofl2:

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
All I ask is a GTA game and I keep getting knockoffs. Seriously tho, Mafia 2 is a nice addition, will buy it for sure.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
All I ask is a GTA game and I keep getting knockoffs. Seriously tho, Mafia 2 is a nice addition, will buy it for sure.
nintendo only had 4 gta games all of them top down games on their consoles
gta
gta2 both on gbc

gta advance exclusive game on gba

gta chinatown which was on psp and ds.

so yeah i dont see rockstar ever porting a main 3d gta game to any nintendo console tbh, same way they never ported their older gta games to newer generations besides emulation options like backwards compatibility modes on xb1 and ps2 games on ps4.

the closest thing nintendo had to a 3d gta like game from rockstar was bully on the wii.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's nice to see the west getting their western crime dramas.

Now how about something noticeably more...Japanese?

(They're not even trying to hide their inspiration here!)

(This is more like it! The English VAs in this tho are XD)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Dragon Quest VIII was awesome on the 3DS although I prefer the PS2 version