Mafia: Definitive Edition release date pushed back, gameplay reveal coming July 22nd

Mafia: Definitive Edition
is the latest game to be affected by the global coronavirus pandemic. Today, developer Hangar 13 and publisher 2K issued a statement announcing that the game's release is being pushed back almost a month, from August 28th to September 25th, citing COVID-19 related challenges as the reason.
Mafia: Definitive Edition will now release worldwide on September 25. Though we’d originally planned to release the game one month earlier on August 28, finalizing everything in time for that launch date has become increasingly challenging due to the ongoing global COVID-19 pandemic, and the last thing we want to do is compromise the quality of the experience.

From the beginning, this has been a passion project for us. Many of our developers helped create the original Mafia, and all of us are committed to crafting an updated experience worthy of that timeless classic. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we make Mafia: Definitive Edition the very best it can be for all of our fans worldwide.

That doesn't mean they're leaving Mafia fans high and dry, however! In the same statement, an extended look at gameplay was announced to be coming on July 22nd, with a 15 second teaser already available on YouTube, and on the franchise’s Twitter page.

Mafia: Definitive Edition will be available on PlayStation 4, PC on Steam, and Xbox One, and will retail for $39.99.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I'm always down for reasonable delays if it means a better product. But I wonder how much benefit can actually come from a one month delay.

Reactions: RyRyIV

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Month delay is not that bad. I love Mafia 2, never got opportunity to play 1. I heard that 1 is even better so can't wait to play it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Syl