Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those concerned that the BBFC will gut the forthcoming gorefest that is Madworld will be pleased to know that they have passed it with a 18+ certificate without asking it to be cut at all.

Source

QUOTE said:
The British Board of Film Classification has today confirmed that SEGA and Platinum Games' stylised Wii title, MadWorld, has received an 18+ age certificate.

It was also announced by the BBFC that the game was passed with no cuts or edits made to it. Speaking to Edge Online, a spokesperson from the board commented that, “We clearly had no problems with MadWorld. If we had, we wouldn’t have classified it; it’s as simple as that.”

Madworld had come under-fire from certain UK tabloids in 2008, which were 'horrified' that such a mature title would ever be considered for the 'family-friendly' Nintendo console.

SEGA Europe is due to publish MadWorld in the UK from March.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
Uncut eh? You mean like my... sandwich? I'm not sure exactly how this is possible, as No More Heroes was less violent, but hey, more power to'em.
No More Heroes was censored because the developers wanted it to be rated for teens so it had a better chance of selling, while BBFC was more than happy to stick rate it 18.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ace Gunman said:
Uncut eh? You mean like my... sandwich? I'm not sure exactly how this is possible, as No More Heroes was less violent, but hey, more power to'em.
Well, as far as I recall, it's not like they didn't pass No More Heroes in first place and they had to do the changes to make it pass.
They directly changed the game before the approvation, probably in fear that it wouldn't pass.

Well, now seeing this, it NMH'd have probably passed uncut. What a shame
frown.gif

EDIT: Hadrian posted that while I was writing this
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: hi