Hacking Homebrew app Madworld, Super Mario Collection and Super Mario Galaxy: black screen on USB LOADER GX

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi,
when i try to run Madworld, Super Mario Collection and Super Mario Galaxy with USB loader, i have a black screen. I have a WII U PAL and the games are USA version.

I fixed this issue with another USB loader GX version in this way:
Super Mario Galaxy: Language = English (instead of System Default)
Super Mario Collection and Madworld: Video Mode = Disc Default (instead of System Default)

But that USB LOADER version had a lot of problems so from a guy from Discord, i installed a new version, and it works better. But with this new version i still have the black screen issue even if i set as above!
Do you know how can i fix it?

Note: both the USB loader GX version are 3.0 r1271, but i don't know the new one works better..

thank you

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's the version I have (usb loader gx). I might have those games, but I can't remember if I've tested them (probably galaxy at least). though, mine are likely US and I'm using a US console. I suspect the region might be the reason they're not working correctly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

alright, I just tested all three games. do you mean super mario all stars/collection? all three work, no problem, for me. however, mad world caused some weird thing to happen with the gamepad. the gamepad suddenly lost sync, almost as if I had hard powered off the system. that's the first time I've seen that happen.

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yes, i mean Super Mario All Stars/Collection.
I tired them with WiiFlow, after applying the workaround i described above, and they works! Only in the new version ofr USB Loader GX they doesn't work...i don't know which are the Game settings i have to modify...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure. I checked all three of my games, and they're all the usa versions. aside from that one issue with madworld where the gamepad lost sync, I didn't have any issues. I think it might've lost sync when it told me to connect a nunchuk.

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, if none else could help me, I will play them on WiiFlow. It is really strange because they works with the other version of USB loader GX.. but i prefer to keep this one because it works really better that the other. And probably if i change the usb key, some issues still present could disappear..

Sonicwatcher6969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm also having trouble getting the NTSC versions of Madworld & Call Of Duty 3 to work on my PAL Wii U with WiiFlow from an SD Card. I'm trying the NTSC versions as the PAL versions are 576i @ 50hz.

What settings in particular should I change?

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm also having trouble getting the NTSC versions of Madworld & Call Of Duty 3 to work on my PAL Wii U with WiiFlow from an SD Card. I'm trying the NTSC versions as the PAL versions are 576i @ 50hz.

What settings in particular should I change?
Hello,

what version of Wiiflow are you using?

mitgenuss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Liechtenstein
ok, if none else could help me, I will play them on WiiFlow. It is really strange because they works with the other version of USB loader GX.. but i prefer to keep this one because it works really better that the other. And probably if i change the usb key, some issues still present could disappear..
how did you get madworld to run on wiiflow lite? i have also PAL WiiU.

Sonicwatcher6969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Before I tried updating my WiiFlow I did a few more tests and actually it "IS" all working (Madworld and Call Of Duty 3 included) as long as I launch WiiFlow from the channel on my vwii menu or from the Homebrew channel.

The problem for me now is no games will boot in WiiFlow at all when I use the forwarder on my Wii U home page?? It loads the app just fine after a minute and everything looks ok but then when I try and play a game it goes back to the Wii U menu.

I'm sure the forwarder worked before and ive tried deleting and reinstalling it but same result. Any suggestions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cut your life into pieces.