Hacking Madworld 'An error has occured'

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
for some reason when i try to play my backup NTSC copy of madworld on my 3.2 Pal wii and i get this 'an error has occured please switch off you console blah blah blah' i have installed ios 38, 53 and 55 and i have softmii 2.1.1 installed can someone please help me fix this!? and PM the necessary things if needed

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Lubbo said:
for some reason when i try to play my backup NTSC copy of madworld on my 3.2 Pal wii and i get this 'an error has occured please switch off you console blah blah blah' i have installed ios 38, 53 and 55 and i have softmii 2.1.1 installed can someone please help me fix this!? and PM the necessary things if needed
Install cIOS36_rev8 and it should be fine
wink.gif

Lubbo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ive downloaded it but its just a .dol file so i cant see it in the homebrew channel how do i install it?

antimatter

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
thats because it doesnt have an icon in the same folder. just copy a random icon.png from one of the other app folders on your sd card and it should show up with that and be clickable. dont forget to rename it boot.dol.

D

Deleted User

We don't need icons to make apps show in HBC. If so, then TT would've packaged the bootmii checker with a icon.png.

Anyway Lubbo, rename the .dol to boot.dol. Then, put it inside a folder, then put the folder into the "apps" folder in the root of the SD Card. Should be seen and launchable in HBC then.

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I (and several others) have the same problem as Lubbo. Installing cIOS rev8 doesn't help. ARC doesn't help. Completely reinstalling everything doesn't help.

It is also not a burning issue. I've tried more than one copy, and all of them work fine in Gamma. On top of that, the console doesn't even ATTEMPT to read the disc. It goes straight to the "An error has occurred" when "Start" is clicked. The error only occurred AFTER I installed the new IOSs; it replaced the black screen.

This seems to happen for PAL Softmii /preloader 0.28 users attempting to run an NTSC copy of madworld through the disc channel.

Lubbo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Meowayne said:
I (and several others) have the say problem as Lubbo. Installing cIOS rev8 doesn't help. ARC doesn't help. Completely reinstalling everything doesn't help.

It is also not a burning issue. I've tried more than one copy, and all of them work fine in Gamma. On top of that, the console doesn't even ATTEMPT to read the disc. It goes straight to the "An error has occurred" when "Start" is clicked. The error only occurred AFTER I installed the new IOSs; it replaced the black screen.

This seems to happen for PAL Softmii /preloader 0.28 users attempting to run an NTSC copy of madworld through the disc channel.

yea this is my problem i tried cIOS rev8 and no luck still the error does anyone know if the PAL game works in disc channel? or will i have to just run it in gamma?

Skipp2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was having the same problem myself with the same error, but using a D2sun chip. I installed the cioscorp package from softmii and it worked perfect, not only that but once I regionfrii the ntsc games there boot up great now.

I would try installing cioscorp, it might solve your problem.

Oh be the way I already tried installing the missing ios and also cios rev 8 before I tried cioscorp.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got a 3.2E Wii with Wiikey and all necessary IOSs installed... I used a NTSC-backup, because of the fuller screen!

What I did was:

1. Force IOS 36 with IOSPatcher to being able to play it trough Disc-Channel
2. WIIScrubber to extract the main.dol
3. GenericWiiPatcher to modify the main.dol: Remove 002 and change the video mode to 480i
4. Replace the old main.dol with the new one again with WIIScrubber
5. burn the disc and everything should work fine, except the game will crash, if the home-button is being pushed....

Revampion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Master Mo said:
I got a 3.2E Wii with Wiikey and all necessary IOSs installed... I used a NTSC-backup, because of the fuller screen!

What I did was:

1. Force IOS 36 with IOSPatcher to being able to play it trough Disc-Channel
2. WIIScrubber to extract the main.dol
3. GenericWiiPatcher to modify the main.dol: Remove 002 and change the video mode to 480i
4. Replace the old main.dol with the new one again with WIIScrubber
5. burn the disc and everything should work fine, except the game will crash, if the home-button is being pushed....

Confirmed, this works! The home button crashing is a bummer though.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123341&st=90.and

Lubbo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
im too noob to do all that, i have cIOScorp installed but i hear there is a cIOScorp v2 so if is someone is able to pm me it that would be great because i hear that works otherwise i will just use gamma launcher

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd suggest using gamma or softchip with cIOS v8. Definately safer than screwing around with softmii / cioscorp!

... or get your hands on a Pal copy.

Lubbo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
SenorClean said:
I'd suggest using gamma or softchip with cIOS v8. Definately safer than screwing around with softmii / cioscorp!

... or get your hands on a Pal copy.

what so PAL Madworld works in disc channel on a PAL wii without the error??

Zoulpain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The pal version needs 002 fix as well .. i used Gecko OS channel with 002 fix and everything is running smoothly.. cant be bothered installing those ios's

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well.
blink.gif

I got it working now.
Try installing cioscorp. Again. I had cioscorp installed, but always installed cios036_rev8 afterwards. It seems like this is whats causing the Error.
Have everything installed including the new IOS, and then get another install of cioscorp on top of that.

I did that, and now Mad World NTSC runs through the disc channel on a PAL softmii console.

urobolus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The only thing that I did to fix the 002 Error was running MadWorld via the patched version of gamma loader (002 fix) instead of the original version.
Is there a reason to install cios rev8 or anything else that other people used in order to make MadWorld run properly?

infinitysend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got MadWorld running as well. I got to the Bull Boss (afaik, the first boss in the game) and the game froze up on me. Did it twice now and it happened again. So it seems like a backup of this game isn't quite foolproof.

UPDATE: I tried one more time and it actually seems to be running pretty smoothly. There's some sound issues but otherwise it's running pretty perfectly right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night