Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Oh running shoe's arent in it by default? Didnt know that, Is that rom hack already a colored version or is it normal? Otherwise I wont be able to implement it because I cant merge 2 .gbc's
Like Maji said, those are .isp only, and there's already an old Gen 1 Pokemon Red/Blue VC CIA with running shoes, exp bar, and gen 2 sprites, but I think they never got colors working due to a palette limitation or something. Which is why I'm impressed you got the color hack working.

You might wanna read/post in here https://gbatemp.net/threads/gb-c-injection-with-the-new-generation-of-vc.416318/ , that's the thread researching the new Pokemon VC, the few latest pages are about trying to make the color hack and Crystal without breaking link features working.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Like Maji said, those are .isp only, and there's already an old Gen 1 Pokemon Red/Blue VC CIA with running shoes, exp bar, and gen 2 sprites, but I think they never got colors working due to a palette limitation or something. Which is why I'm impressed you got the color hack working.

You might wanna read/post in here https://gbatemp.net/threads/gb-c-injection-with-the-new-generation-of-vc.416318/ , that's the thread researching the new Pokemon VC, the few latest pages are about trying to make the color hack and Crystal without breaking link features working.
Im testing the .ips patched cia now

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok I patched the .ips and then injected it but it wont boot :/
I guess you are out of luck on the Running thing

Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the OakParcel thing seems to be a bug. Even though I gave him the item (The one I had to inject) it was never removed from my items list but I still got the pokedex. Confused 0.o

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
So the OakParcel thing seems to be a bug. Even though I gave him the item (The one I had to inject) it was never removed from my items list but I still got the pokedex. Confused 0.o
Yeah, You basically just gave yourself an extra oaks parcel and since you patched it in, It wasnt added as a Hidden Key item I guess, As I dont see it either but I gave it to him and it went fine.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, You basically just gave yourself an extra oaks parcel and since you patched it in, It wasnt added as a Hidden Key item I guess, As I dont see it either but I gave it to him and it went fine.
But I didn't patch it in until after I tried to get it from the mart Lol. He only gave me air... I'm going to start a new game and see haha

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
But I didn't patch it in until after I tried to get it from the mart Lol. He only gave me air... I'm going to start a new game and see haha
Odd lmao xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Odd, Started a new save file on Blue instead of red this time and now I do have Oaks Parcel after getting it from the Mart. Odd

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Majickhat55,

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well sorry but to just remap start to X is pointless Imo

There is a good reason why, and it's simply because of muscle memory. Newer Pokemon games will allow you to use either the touch screen, start button or X button to access the menu but usually the latter two are always used nowadays. It may not affect a veteran Pokemon gamer as much but to somebody playing these VC titles after their first Pokemon game was XY or something, it would be a bit frustrating to vainly press the X button and have nothing happen, despite the fact that such a button never existed.

tl;dr Convenience for newer Pokemon players.

Also, will there be an alternate that doesn't replace graphical sprites/textures? (You know, aside from color.) I understand that GSC sprites look much prettier and polished over the abominations of Gen 1 sprites but some of us actually adore those distorted designs.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Those are .ips patches that need to run on a patched .gb through an emulator. This is a VC Injected pre-patched .cia based off the eShop re-releases so it's "bit" different IMO or not since they are basically the same thing but he included Pokemon Blue with this one. I dunno Lol

I probably should have been clearer with my initial question, rather than ask for only the difference.

As far as I can tell, this seems to be another version of the "Red Version with Gold graphics and color", which also previous has been hacked to work with Pokemon Blue (on 3ds iso site),
[and several such threads existed before, but I couldn't find them all; I also previously tried porting them over, as decrypting and swapping roms on VC files aren't that tedious.]

and there were a few issues with those:
1. One would be unable to get past an early part of the game (game would crash), having loading an existing save bypasses it.
2. The ported version onto VC seems to have issues displaying brown items (they only show up properly when black out animations), such as doors and ledges
3. If more add-ons exist, VC starts to become buggy/unstable/glitchy, especially with the EXP bar add on and such.

So when I asked if this thread game is any different, I was asking to see if any these 3 points were fixed,
so correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like it.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh! Ok :D
Id prefer to use my Private JKSMK doe :)
(Shared it publicly here on GBA but a certain few people critized it to the point where the whole thread derailed so I stopped updating it, Google JKSMK in Google Images and set the search type to Animated to see what it looks like)
Please don't start spreading that butchered "app" again. Don't need you taking any more features out.

Reactions: Shadowfied

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Those are .ips patches that need to run on a patched .gb through an emulator. This is a VC Injected pre-patched .cia based off the eShop re-releases so it's "bit" different IMO or not since they are basically the same thing but he included Pokemon Blue with this one. I dunno Lol

The rom inside thr VC is exactly the same same as the GB files

I know im the one who release the Running Patches with Gen2 Sprites and color didnt work

In the case of OP he isnt even using the original ROM

he is using the one posted here

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=294686

pcOq8st.jpg

These 2 files the one downloaded and the one in his cia are the EXACT SAME HASH

he made the inject advertised it being on that stupid theft website

and he doesnt even credit the maker or link to his source

You didnt even inject into the original rom like i did you just downloaded a precompiled rom and added it.

BTW GUYS

when i made my inject with GSC sounds trading broke

this color hack contains it so i cant confirm it works

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The rom inside thr VC is exactly the same same as the GB files

I know im the one who release the Running Patches with Gen2 Sprites and color didnt work

In the case of OP he isnt even using the original ROM

he is using the one posted here

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=294686

pcOq8st.jpg

These 2 files the one downloaded and the one in his cia are the EXACT SAME HASH

he made the inject advertised it being on that stupid theft website

and he doesnt even credit the maker or link to his source

You didnt even inject into the original rom like i did you just downloaded a precompiled rom and added it.

BTW GUYS

when i made my inject with GSC sounds trading broke

this color hack contains it so i cant confirm it works
I knew I seen this somewhere before. I knew it was too good to be true that Shiny actually made something himself and didn't steal it from anyone. I guess once a lying Theif always a lying Theif.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.