Madden NFL 09 on Wii for someone who doesn't know Football?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Satangel, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I read a review on Madden NFL 09 for Wii, and it was really positive about the game and said that if you like organised attack and defense, that you should really try this game.
    They also said that the game was very understandable and enjoyable, even for persons who never heard of American Football or don't even know the rules.
    Is that true? Because I would like to give it a try, especially since the scrubbed version isn't that big at all.
    Is this game enjoyable for someone without any knowledge of Football?
    I enjoyed Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 a lot, so maybe this too?

2. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    For someone that is'nt familiar with American Football, Madden 09 All-Play is the option to use.
    All Play is easy, no complicated controls.
    Remember, American Football, you have 4 "downs" to get 10 yards. Each time you get beyond 10 yards, its a new 1st down.
    Offense is mainly running plays or passing plays. Defense is mainly tackle the guy with the ball, and keep a man on the receivers.
    A touchdown, by a run or pass is 6 points into the end zone.
    A field goal, which is using your kicker to kick the ball between the uprights, is 3 points.
    After a touchdown, the extra point is 1 for kick between the uprights,
    or 2 points if you want to run or pass it into the end zone.
    I would start in the All-Play mode until you get the hang of it.

Dannydet

3. Sharpz

Member Sharpz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's just like ddetkowski said. I picked it up 2 weeks ago and it's really easy to get into with "all play".Easy controls and very easy to understand after playing a quarter. Many modes to play so it'll keep you playing for a while. I'd recommend it.

Edit:Madden NFL 10 is coming out soon! [​IMG]

4. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Thanks, but seeing you live in America, you probably have seen Football before. I have never seen it, don't know even 1 team that plays it.
    So I'm mostly looking for people in Europe that have never seen it before, to see what they think about it.

And yeah, Madden 10 is coming out in 3 weeks, so I'll probably wait untill that version is out.

5. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Madden NFL 10 coming out next week. Hopefully the scrubbed version isn't too big, then I will give it a try.

Any other opinions on this matter?

6. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    I found the game really fun. However I do get to watch american football on television sometimes, and I quite enjoy it.

The tutorials teach you pretty much everything you need to know, however I don't quite understand the millions of tactics lol but i've managed without.

Unfortunately, I decided to try my luck online today but no-one was online... Does anyone play this game online?

It's a surprisingly small game for it's quality, so I recommend it. Can't wait for 10 though!

The only troubles I had with this game were
    - catching motions not recognised very well, in the tut at least.
    - it keeps freezing in one of the training modes - I figure this is a backuploader problem...

7. Sstew

Member Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

United States

Good game Yes, and with All play it'll start you off until you get the hang of the controls. What you'll have difficulty in is the strategy in picking up the offensive and defensive moves. Fun game though

Also. "I enjoyed Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 a lot, so maybe this too"

Same named sport, very different ends of the spectrum. Just because you liked that doesn't mean you'll like this.
    Honestly though I think Madden 10 is out in like a week. I'd wait for that.

8. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I know it's a very different sport, I just said I liked PES 2009 so that you would know I like sports games and that I can handle the attack/defence multitasking.
    Maybe the multitasking thing would handy in this game too, and that's why I mentioned it.