Gaming Madden Blue & moding

BrokenCD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I might be buying a Blue Madden PSP soon. I've heard people say the older ones can be modded, but the newer ones can't. I've also heard, even the ones that can be modded, need a psp that is already modded, to mod it correctly. I don't want to spend the money on it, and then not be able to mod it easily, because I don't have access to a modded PSP. Basically, I've heard several different things. "It will be OK. Just buy it." and "No, you can't mod them." or "Only the older ones."

I realize I could just buy a PSP that isn't in a bundle, but I do want the blue PSP.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Don't take my word for it, but I believe the Madden PSP is unhackable. Then again, I don't have one, so I wouldn't know. But even if it IS hackable, it's gonna be all up to luck. It all depends on when the store received the PSPs.

BrokenCD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme: What are you telling me? I've already searched with google. I know the new motherboards are unhackable, and only that the original stock of the madden PSPs are hackable. I was asking, if I do get a moddable PSP, would I need a PSP that already has CFW on it? I guess I wasn't clear? Sorry.

Thanks, War. I don't think I'm going to risk it.

gekiwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
War said:
Lelouch said:
War said:
Yeah, I wouldn't get it either. You're much safer (although not 100%) if you get a God of War or Piano Black.

I thought piano blacks are the newer slims >.>
Um...? There's PSP Slim 2000 in Piano Black and PSP 3000 in Piano Black...

Im pretty sure he meant piano black 2000. Anyways I was in the same situation as you and I decided to get the black 2k model since I was sure it was hackable and did not want to risk $170 bucks.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
BrokenCD said:
I was asking, if I do get a moddable PSP, would I need a PSP that already has CFW on it? I guess I wasn't clear? Sorry.

Well, there's several ways to get a PSP to CFW. Yes, one of them involves another hacked PSP. But you can always buy a Pandora Battery and do it yourself. Or you can also buy a regular battery and hard mod it.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to add a little to the above statement...instead of using a CFW'ed PSP there are numerous Magic Memory Stick GUI's that you can run on your PC (XP and Vista compatible!) to create the MMS. A second PSP is no longer required at all, nor is access to the 1.50 kernel really.

Blfdgfdghd

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.rewards1.com
XP
Country
Canada
gekiwolf said:
War said:
Lelouch said:
War said:
Yeah, I wouldn't get it either. You're much safer (although not 100%) if you get a God of War or Piano Black.

I thought piano blacks are the newer slims >.>
Um...? There's PSP Slim 2000 in Piano Black and PSP 3000 in Piano Black...

Im pretty sure he meant piano black 2000. Anyways I was in the same situation as you and I decided to get the black 2k model since I was sure it was hackable and did not want to risk $170 bucks.

actually 169.99x1.15= $195 he didnt want to irsk 195 dollars!

esoterica

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused, does this mean not ALL newer PSP 2000's are unhackable? I just received my Pandora battery in the mail today and I've already made my MMS, now I just need to get a PSP and another memory card. I'm a little worried about not being able to install CFW on my PSP though. I was just going to get one of those Piano Black PSP 2000s, but I dunno... I don't really want one of those bundle packs. The God of War bundle seems nice and I like the red case, but I don't like the image on the back and I don't really need the game.

Lelouch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
esoterica said:
I'm confused, does this mean not ALL newer PSP 2000's are unhackable? I just received my Pandora battery in the mail today and I've already made my MMS, now I just need to get a PSP and another memory card. I'm a little worried about not being able to install CFW on my PSP though. I was just going to get one of those Piano Black PSP 2000s, but I dunno... I don't really want one of those bundle packs. The God of War bundle seems nice and I like the red case, but I don't like the image on the back and I don't really need the game.

if you search on pspmod or psp-hacks you can find out what letter to look for on the psp-2000 piano black boxes to see if it has a new motherboard or not. the god of war game is really fun but I can't save it because I don't have a memory stick yet >.>

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
esoterica said:
i went to the store when i purchased my psp (i'd been having nightmares about all the information i'd looked up
rofl2.gif
) if you like i can pm you the information i went armed with and do what i did (if you can find a store kind enough to do it) ask them to let you switch the thing on and look at the system information and that's one of the biggest give aways

i got a silver psp and it came with 3.90 o.e. firmware and the box had the letter f on it
whoever said the black is more likely to be the newer 4.01 model is right because the less popular models are white and grey
rolleyes.gif

MHx_scythe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my friends little bro got a blue slim in august(madden) and was going to return it the other day, so i bought it off him (i still had a psp 1000). it had FW 4.05 on it, but i was still able to hack it easily.

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
MHx_scythe said:
my friends little bro got a blue slim in august(madden) and was going to return it the other day, so i bought it off him (i still had a psp 1000). it had FW 4.05 on it, but i was still able to hack it easily.
you should ask if there was a firmware upgrade
wink.gif

MHx_scythe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he doesnt remember, but im pretty sure the new blue ones either come with 4.01 or 3.90 or someting, so he must have updated it. is there any way to check what ver mobo i have?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night