Mad Dog McCree

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by zektor, Jun 25, 2009.

Jun 25, 2009

Mad Dog McCree by zektor at 1:40 AM (819 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. zektor
    OP

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Man, what nostalgia! I just got this today. I remember this game being the hottest thing at the local (now demolished) arcade. I was 15 at the time, and while it is a laserdisc type game, it seemed pretty amazing back then. The Wii version is of course exact (as far as I can tell) to the arcade...which is a great thing! How many other fans of this type of game are there round these parts?

2. TraumaHoundNDS

Member TraumaHoundNDS GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I played this a ton at the arcade when it came out (and it's sequel, too!) I love fast-draw games and this was pretty fun (though repetitive, which can be said of all laser disc games.)

Is this a commercial release or one of the Wii-ware (or whatever it's called!) downloadable games?

3. swami

Newcomer swami Member

United States
    It is a comercial release. It is pretty fun, although you can get through each of the 3 different games on the disc in about an hour each if you have a quick draw. It is a blast from the past, i enjoyed it. Made me think of the 3DO days, it was released on it also. Never actually played this in the arcade.

4. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I have a bunch of those old laser games.....Mad Dog McCree 1+2, The Dragon's Lair 1+2, Space Ace, Drug Wars, Crime Patrol, Space Pirates, Who Shot Johnny Rock and Last Bounty Hunter for the PC. I even have that one.....can't rem the name right now, where the game psycho-analyzes you with questions it asks you after watching video sequences. It even had a bit of nudity in it. [​IMG] They're CD versions though, so not HD, but that really doesn't matter to me. I bought them at this little Mom & Pop software store for $10 a piece.

http://www.digitalleisure.com/

They're fun, but get old pretty quick once you play through them a couple times. They're still fun to break out and play every once in a while though when on a nostalgic stint.

Funny thing about those PC versions I have, they aren't copy-protected in any way, shape or form. I was able to just right-click copy all the files from the original disks to wherever I wanted. They'll play from wherever they are executed from. I currently have them stored on a NAS drive and can play them from any PC in the house. All of them will fit on one DVD. Except Dragons Lair 1+2 and Space Ace, which would require a 2nd DVD. [​IMG]

Good to see the Wii starting to get some of these classics. It's about the only system left that can accurately simulate a light gun (copy-cat tech coming from other companies notwithstanding). With LCD monitors, the old light guns don't work anymore, they only worked with CRT monitors or TV's. I'm forced to play the PC versions with a mouse.

5. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I still have two games for the CDi. Can't say I wanna play them with the Wiimote though.