Mad catz gamecube 59 memory card

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by CrazySka, Apr 14, 2011.

1. CrazySka
    OP

CrazySka The Original Ska

Former Staff
    Oct 24, 2002
    United States
    MD, USA
    I have ran into a weird problem and Im not sure if this is common or just me. My memory card that I bought doesn't work right in Slot A on my wii if its pushed all the way in. I actually have to wiggle it back out just a little then the Wii see's it. Now in slot B all the way in it see's it. Is this common? is it something with that card or would it be the depth of my slot A is just a hair further back? To me this just doesn't make any sense at all lol

2. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    It sounds like either your Wii was damaged in the factory, by you, or you are using a crappy memory card.

I'm assuming the 3rd. Why would you get a 3rd party memory card unless it offered an advantage over the official one? Like 20x the storage space?

3. CrazySka
    OP

Former Staff
    Oct 24, 2002
    United States
    MD, USA
    its the only place around here i could find one fast lol. I need a bigger one. I now have like 20 gamecube games i would like to play and that card just isn't doing it. but its so weird because when i first got the card it fit in fine and then it just didn't work. after playing around with it i figured out it would work if i slowly pulled it out just a hair

4. luminalace

luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Jul 2, 2010
    You need a Gamecube memory card 1019. I have one and it is useful when you have many GCN games like myself.

5. CrazySka
    OP

Former Staff
    Oct 24, 2002
    United States
    MD, USA

where can you buy it at? Or do I have to get it online

6. luminalace

luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Jul 2, 2010