Mad catz gamecube 59 memory card

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by CrazySka, Apr 14, 2011.

Apr 14, 2011
  1. CrazySka
    OP

Former Staff CrazySka The Original Ska

United States
    I have ran into a weird problem and Im not sure if this is common or just me. My memory card that I bought doesn't work right in Slot A on my wii if its pushed all the way in. I actually have to wiggle it back out just a little then the Wii see's it. Now in slot B all the way in it see's it. Is this common? is it something with that card or would it be the depth of my slot A is just a hair further back? To me this just doesn't make any sense at all lol

2. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    It sounds like either your Wii was damaged in the factory, by you, or you are using a crappy memory card.

I'm assuming the 3rd. Why would you get a 3rd party memory card unless it offered an advantage over the official one? Like 20x the storage space?

3. CrazySka
    OP

United States
    its the only place around here i could find one fast lol. I need a bigger one. I now have like 20 gamecube games i would like to play and that card just isn't doing it. but its so weird because when i first got the card it fit in fine and then it just didn't work. after playing around with it i figured out it would work if i slowly pulled it out just a hair

4. luminalace

Member luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    You need a Gamecube memory card 1019. I have one and it is useful when you have many GCN games like myself.

5. CrazySka
    OP

United States

where can you buy it at? Or do I have to get it online

6. luminalace

Member luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Australia