Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello? 1-800-MY-APPLE?

Yes, I'm looking to upgrade my Mac.

What? You can't upgrade the Mac?

So, you have to buy a completely new Mac?

But thats $1500! Couldn't I customize a brand new PC with top of the line hardware and software for that price? I could?

Oh, but it won't be as pretty, you say. It won't be "slim" and "hip". Hmm, and stuff won't fly across the screen, you say?

Oh well I guess I'll just buy a new Mac, I'm sure its the right choice.

enjoy your macs !

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A top of the line mac will pwn your top of the line (custom built) pc any day. Macs are built for graphics heavy applications, PC's aren't.

Edit: and also, 1500 isn't much for a mac, I spent 1600 on my laptop, and 2k on my pc.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A top of the line mac will pwn your top of the line (custom built) pc any day. Macs are built for graphics heavy applications, PC's aren't.
If by "pwn", you mean "beat by a slim margin in component benchmarking for two to three time the money", then sure.

I'd also make some comment about you being 12 do to your usage of the word "pwn", but I suppose your flagrant money-wasting on overpriced computers discounts that theory.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear, I can't stand the moronic staff gbatemp has.
Heres a tip: Starting an argument then backing away with a completely irrelevant and weightless comment just makes you like an idiot.

And I'm not "the staff". If you're going to insult me, do it without insulting the other people running this site.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Macs are good exactly because they are "closed".. it's a lot easier to keep the quality when all your computers have the same hardware, it's also a lot easier to make software with less flaws.

With the PC, each one has it's own hardware.. you make a new PC accessory (a video card, sound card, usb thing) or a new software, you can't test it with all the possible combinations.. that's why PCs have a lot more problems
tongue.gif

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I swear, I can't stand the moronic staff gbatemp has.

I swear, I have yet to see a mac user who actually knew his shit. If OSX is such a great OS, where are all the smart people using them, oh right, working at an Apple store, getting free apple products funded by the premium YOU pay for them

Hankchill, who frequently posts here, is probably the only mac user I've ever met who "knows his shit". They are rare, but they are out there.

I don't disagree with your post in general, though.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
also Mac gaming isnt as good as PC gaming i made a charts

PC>PS3>Xbox360>Wii>NDS>MAC

You need to bump "PC" down a bit. There haven't been that many great games exclusively for the PC in the past 3 years. Things have changed since the late 90's. I'm using a 4-year-old PC, and I haven't had the urge to upgrade based on game selection.

On the other hand... WoW was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: